Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content Papers of Astrik L. Gabriel (ALG) dating 1929-2005. The bulk of the material falls between 1948 and 2000. This time span starts with his arrival in the United States and ends a few years prior to his death. There are very few documents from his earlier life because he was forced to flee his native country and left behind almost all his books and papers. All information pertaining to his life in Hungary comes from his correspondences with his colleagues and friends. The collection...
Dates: 1929-2005 (bulk 1948-2000).
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0080
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials forming a record of Cristina Peri Rossi's personal and professional career. Included are drafts of Peri Rossi's fiction and poetry, primarily unpublished; manuscripts and notebooks of Peri Rossi's writings; and clippings of her nonfiction wors from newspapers and magazines. There is also professional and personal correspondence, personal photographs, and academic works on Peri Rossi's writings, such as theses and dissertations. The collection also includes...
Scope and Content Copies of typewritten transcripts of documentation assembled by the Bishop Baraga Association in support of the cause for his canonization as a saint; consisting of correspondence, reports, journal and account-book entries, and invoices. Also microfilm containing correspondence, 1850s-1860s; an Indian language (Ottawa or Chippewa) catechism; an introduction to Catholicism in North America, in German, possibly written for the Leopoldine Society; and correspondence and records of...
Scope and Content Chiefly correspondence, including letters written by Selinger during his years as a student at the North American College in Rome and as a teacher at St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee to Rev. Anton Pauk of St. Louis; letters from H.J. Heuser, O.J.S. Hoog, and Bede Maler, OSB, some of them concerning Selinger's views on agnosticism; letters from rectors of the Catholic University of America John J. Keane, D.J. O'Connell, and Thomas J. Conaty; and letters from M. Cardinal Faulhaber, A. Cardinal...
Scope and Content Miscellaneous manuscripts assembled by the archives.
Identifier: MSN/MN 9206
Abstract A collection of research files comprised of printed ephemera, correspondence, manuscripts, audio recordings, and other materials documenting the activities and work of more than 100 conceptual artists, assembled by Robert C. Morgan during his professional career as an artist, art historian, curator, and author from 1968-2015.
- University of Notre Dame Archives 4
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 2
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Letters. 2
- Manuscripts (documents) 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- Agnosticism 1
- Art -- Study and teaching 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Articles 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, Uruguayan -- 20th century 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Catechisms 1
- Catholic Church -- Middle West -- History 1
- Catholics, German 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Color photographs 1
- Compact discs 1
- Conceptual art 1
- Correspondence 1
- DVDs 1 ∧ less
- Latin 4
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Hungarian 1
- Astrik L. Gabriel 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Bertram, Adolf, 1859-1945. 1
- Bishop Baraga Association. 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Conaty, Thomas James, 1847-1915. 1
- Faulhaber, Michael von, 1869-1952. 1
- Gabriel, Astrik L. (Astrik Ladislas), 1907- 1
- Heuser, Herman John, 1839-1919. 1
- Hoog, O.J.S. 1
- Keane, John J. (John Joseph), 1839-1918. 1
- Lefevre, Peter Paul, 1804-1869. 1
- Maler, Bede. 1
- Morgan, Robert C., 1943- 1
- North American College (Rome, Italy) 1
- O'Connell, Denis Joseph, 1849-1927. 1
- Pauk, Anton. 1
- Peri Rossi, Cristina, 1941- 1
- Polk, James K. (James Knox), 1795-1849. 1
- Selinger, Joseph, 1859-1938. 1 ∧ less