Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Captain James Martyn Eaves Papers
Identifier: MSE/MD 6417
Scope and Contents This collection contains the World War I papers of Captain James Martyn (J.M.) Eaves, spanning just before his service, through the war, and into post-war Occupied Europe. The collection contains five diaries in Eaves’ hand specifically detailing his day-to-day experiences in the war. In the back of the diaries, Eaves wrote notes and letter drafts, and enclosed photographs and newspaper clippings. The bulk of the collection consists of letters sent to and from Captain Eaves. The majority of the...
Dates: undated; Majority of material found within 1915 - 1916
Dr. George Marshall Oakden Collection
Identifier: MSE/MD 3820
Abstract The manuscript diaries of Surgeon Lieutenant George Marshall Oakden, who served in the British Navy from 1914 to 1919, and the letters of his brother, Arthur, who died in the Gallipoli Campaign in 1915.
Julia P. Brown Letters
Identifier: MSE/MD 3825
Abstract A collection of letters addressed to Julia Pomeroy Brown from three women: Constance L., Emily Drummond, and Elizabeth Spooner. Letters detail life during WWI, the sinking of the Lusitania, and the death of a British soldier.
Le Rossignol Correspondence
Identifier: MSE/MD 3821
Abstract A collection of personal letters written by Arthur Le Rossignol to his sister, Ethel, while he served in the British Motor Machine Gun Corps on the Western Front during World War I. Also included are letters written by Ethel, her colleague Pierre Pulinekse, and others.
S.L. Kelsall Letter
Identifier: MSE/MD 3827
Scope and Contents A letter written by British soldier S.L. Kelsall to his sister detailing his participation in WWI in September 1918. He describes the hygenic conditions of the Western Front and a battle against German forces.
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives, British X
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- World War, 1914-1918 4
- Diaries 2
- Photographs 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Correspondence 1
- Europe -- History -- 20th century 1
- Gallipoli Peninsula (Turkey) -- History, Military -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century 1
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 1
- Postcards 1
- Reports 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Europe 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Great Britain -- Participation, Female 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Hospitals -- France 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Naval operations, British -- Personal narratives 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Participation, British 1 ∧ less
- Brown, Julia Pomeroy, 1849-1926 1
- Eaves, James Martyn, 1881-1963 1
- Great Britain. Army. Royal Army Service Corps 1
- Kelsall, S.L. 1
- Keogh, Sylvia Amelia Louise, 1883-1953 1