Spanish-American War Photographs
Scope and Content
Nine black-and-white prints dating from 1898, most of them showing the 69th Regiment New York Infantry, a few of them showing Catholic chaplains saying Mass for the troops.
Language of Materials
A ten-week war fought in 1898 between the United States and Spain in the Caribbean and in the Pacific over the issue of Cuban independence.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military chaplains Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- Photography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 69th.
- Spanish-American War Photographs
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note