Showing Collections: 91 - 100 of 100
Identifier: MSE/IR 7904-1
Scope and Contents One partially-filled photograph album consisting of 31 18 x 25 cm black and white reproduction photo prints taken by an unnamed photographer. Photos depict scenes of late 19th century Irish tenant evictions. Each has been captioned by hand in ink. The first 20 photos document scenes from the Vandeleur evictions which took place in Kilrush, County Clare. The remainder document scenes of evictions in other Irish counties. Plates depict: Soldiers and R.I.C. officers in camp; Group...
Dates: 1888 - 1900
Scope and Content Personal photographs, including pictures of Fr. Kelly, his family, Holy Cross seminarians, other Holy Cross priests, the Notre Dame campus, and Holy Cross College in Washington, D.C.
Identifier: MSN/MN 0510
Abstract A collection including more than 2,500 pieces of correspondence to and from Thomas W. Cridler, mostly relating to his role as European Commissioner for the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (the St. Louis World's Fair) held in St. Louis, Missouri in 1904. Some of Cridler's correspondence is with fair administrators and U.S. diplomatic figures; some is with representatives of European nations targeted for inclusion. Also in the collection are smaller accumulations of other types of fair-related...
Dates: 1898-1911; Majority of material found in 1901-1904
Scope and Content Tintypes (early photographs).
Scope and Contents Records of Notre Dame's University Photographer, including black-and-white and color negatives and prints, and video and audio recordings; with images of Notre Dame trustees, advisory council members, administrators, and faculty, scenes from university life representing academic, religious, and recreational aspects, and videos representing campus activities.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0016
Abstract The papers consist of letters, manuscripts, and phototgraphs, as well as book and journal publications, related to Lifshits, Genkina, and Loseff. The collection also includes material of Irina Kichanova-Lifshits, Boris Semenov, and Mikahil Eremin.
Dates: 1890s-2009; Majority of material found within ( 1940-1990)
Identifier: MSN/MN 10034
Scope and Contents This collection centers on the familial correspondence of Clifford Wicker Buydden, Wade James Buydden, Rachel Reno Wicker, and other members of the Wicker and Buydden families in the early twentieth century. Over a third of the collection is devoted to courtship correspondence between Clifford Wicker Buydden and Wade James Buydden. Of particular note within the collection are Clifford’s manuscript on health and food, Wade’s college application materials, Wade’s letters from Masonic...
Dates: 1898 - 1919; Majority of material found within 1901 - 1909
Identifier: MSN/CW 5011
Abstract 9 Civil War letters written by Union private William Combs, during his service in Co. C, 14th New Hampshire Infantry. Also present is a ferrotype portrait of Combs in uniform.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1015
Abstract The Civil War letters, wartime manuscripts and postwar family papers of William Judson Howe (1838-1925) of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who served in Company C of the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry from 1862 to 1865.
Dates: 1857-1993; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
Identifier: MSN/MN 10026
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the personal and professional papers of journalist William Pfaff. Pfaff’s professional materials include his writings from each stage of the writing process, such as research notes, drafts, proofs, and published materials. The collection also contains conference materials and speeches, financial records, and materials from Pfaff’s work at the Hudson Institute, a non-profit research center on public policy. Also included are Pfaff’s personal papers which consist of...
Dates: 1942-2015; Majority of material found in 1965-2015
- Subject: Photographs X
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 66
- University of Notre Dame Archives 34
- Photographs 43
- Clippings (information artifacts) 32
- Manuscripts (documents) 32
- Letters (correspondence) 31
- Black-and-white photographs 26
- Correspondence 18
- Postcards 17
- Pamphlets 14
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 14
- University of Notre Dame -- Photographs. 14
- Ephemera (general object genre) 12
- University of Notre Dame -- Students -- Photographs. 12
- University records 12
- Articles 11
- Photographs -- Collections 11
- University of Notre Dame -- Athletics -- Photographs. 11
- Electronic records (digital records) 10
- College sports -- Photographs 9
- Drawings (visual works) 9
- University of Notre Dame -- Faculty -- Photographs. 9 ∧ less
- English 89
- Spanish; Castilian 11
- French 7
- Russian 5
- German 4
- University of Notre Dame. 11
- University of Notre Dame 3
- Fleischer, Nat, 1887-1972 2
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Football team) 2
- Abbey Theatre 1
- Abbott, Leonard Dalton, 1878-1953 1
- Achugar, Hugo, 1944- 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- Aksenov, Vasilii, 1932-2009 1
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888 1
- All-American Girls Professional Baseball League 1
- Aosdána (Organization) 1
- Ashby, Sue 1
- Asociación Pro-Derechos de la Mujer 1
- Augustine, Saint, Bishop of Hippo. 1
- Axenova, Antonina 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Ball family 1
- Ball, Farlin Quigley, 1838 – 1917 1
- Ball, Katherine, 1915 – 1935 1 ∧ less