Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSN/CW 1014
Abstract Civil War papers and realia of James C. Woodworth of Worcester, Massachusetts, who from 1861 to 1864 served in Co. H of the 25th Massachusetts Infantry, rising to lieutenant. Included in the collection are a 6-volume wartime diary and an album containing 73 tintype portraits of members of Co. H.
Dates: 1861-1900; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
Identifier: MSN/CW 5007
Scope and Contents Consists of 11 letters (October 1864 to March 1866) written by the Newark, Ohio printer and pro-war Republican James Parkison. All are directed to his brother William, who for most of the correspondence was serving with the Union army in Tennessee.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1000
Abstract Manuscripts and other materials relating to the Confederate army service of the brothers Henry, Martin, Robert, and Joseph Leonard, of Iredell County, North Carolina, including records of Co. C, 48th North Carolina Infantry.
Dates: 1862-after 1865; Majority of material found in 1862-1865
Identifier: MSN/CW 5109
Abstract The collection includes more than 50 manuscript letters written during the Civil War by Pvt. John William Masterson, Co. A, 133rd New York Infantry, as well as later papers relating to Masterson's service and to his son William and daughter Ida.
Dates: 1862-1923; Majority of material found within ( 1862-1865)
Identifier: MSN/EA 0502
Abstract The manuscript sermons and other personal papers of the Universalist minister Rev. Levi Ballou, who from 1843 to 1865 was settled at the First Congregational Parish and Society of Orange, Massachusetts.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1004
Abstract Around 60 items, mostly manuscripts, with a bearing on the Civil War service of Lt. Robert S. Edwards of the 48th New York Infantry. Among the 45 personal letters are 14 written by Edwards and 22 directed to him by his brother and sister-in-law, Ogden and Nellie Edwards, then living in the Philippines. There are also a number of items relating to Robert Edwards's death (at Fort Wagner in Charleston Harbor) and post-mortem arrangements.
Identifier: MSN/CW 5039
Abstract A letter written on 3 May 1864 by Southy L. Savage, as a member of the Confederate States Signal Corps. Savage describes his activities over the previous months, when he was stationed along the Potomac in King George County, Virginia.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1015
Abstract The Civil War letters, wartime manuscripts and postwar family papers of William Judson Howe (1838-1925) of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who served in Company C of the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry from 1862 to 1865.
Dates: 1857-1993; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Ephemera (general object genre) 3
- Photographs 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 3
- Military records 2
- Burial records 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Charleston (S.C.) -- History -- Siege, 1863 1
- Correspondence 1
- Diaries 1
- Financial records 1
- Funeral sermons -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Sources 1
- Letters 1
- Louisiana -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Marriage certificates 1
- Military uniforms 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less
- Ballou, Levi, 1806-1865 1
- Confederate States of America. Army 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 48th 1
- Edwards, Helen E. 1
- Edwards, Ogden Ellery, Jr., 1829- 1
- Edwards, Robert S. (Robert Sedgwick), 1838-1863 1
- Howe, William Judson, 1838-1925 1
- Leonard family 1
- Leonard, Henry G., 1836- 1
- Leonard, Joseph S. (Joseph Sylvester), 1843-1920 1
- Leonard, Martin A., 1839-1865 1
- Leonard, Robert R. (Robert Rudolph), 1840-1922 1
- Masterson, John W. (John William), ca. 1844-1880 1
- Parkison, James, 1823-1886 1
- Savage, Southy L. (Southy Littleton), 1831-1915 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 36th 1
- United States. Army. Massachusetts Infantry Regiment, 25th (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 133rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 48th 1
- United States. Army. Pennsylvania Cavalry Regiment, 7th (1861-1865) 1 ∧ less