Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content Pamphlets, leaflets, novenas, liturgical booklets, catechisms, pastoral lettters, papal encyclicals, reprints, and miscellaneous issues of periodicals; concerning the history of Catholicism in the United States, Catholic tradition, doctrine, clergy, religious orders, celibacy, Canon Law, Catholic Action, anti- Catholicism, the Bible, the social teaching of the popes, labor unions, scholasticism, immigration; the Second Vatican Council, birth control, saints, the Irish, Catholic missions and...
Scope and Content Minutes and other records of the Board of Governors; files kept by the Executive Coordinators, Presidents, Treasurers, and other officers; committee files; publications files; newsletters, bulletins, mailings, press releases, subject files, correspondence, and audio and video tapes; with material on the revision of the Code of Canon Law after the Second Vatical Council, marriage and divorce, annual conventions, regional conferences, workshops, interaction with other organizations including...
Scope and Content Pamphlets, periodicals, and printed ephemera collected by the University of Notre Dame Archives; concerning the history of Catholicism in the United States, Catholic tradition, doctrine, clergy, religious orders, celibacy, Canon Law, Catholic Action, the Bible, the social teaching of the popes, labor unions, scholasticism, immigration; the Second Vatican Council, birth control, saints, the Irish, Catholic missions and missionaries, Catholic education, Fascism, communism, socialism, racism,...
Scope and Content Correspondence, convention material, financial files, committee files, subject files, and program files; concerning celibacy, due process in the church, human rights, priests in politics, women in the church, and rural ministry; involving the Catholic Committee on Urban Ministry, the Leadership Conference of Women Religious, the National Assembly of Women Religious, the Canon Law Society of America, the Catholic Peace Fellowship, Catholic Relief Services, the National Council of Churches, the...
Scope and Content General correspondence files (1960-1990); lecture notes and student papers from courses on canon law taught by Boyle; correspondence and reports from his tenure as president (1964-1965) of the Canon Law Society of America; subject files (1965-1974) on canon law as it affects religious life; correspondence, minutes, memoranda, and financial reports (1974-1983) from Boyle's close association with Stewardship Services Inc. (La Salette Fathers) and the Religious Communities Trust; minutes and...
Scope and Content Correspondence; records of canon law cases; manuscripts of his canon law books Legal Formulary (1898) and The Roman Court (1895); papers related to his study of Catholic orphanages, Orphans and Orphan Asylums (1885); pamphlets on Catholic problems; and photographs. Correspondents include Arthur Preuss, William H. Sadlier, Bishop Henry J. Richter, and Francesco Cardinal Satolli.
Dates: 1882-1907 .
Scope and Content Circular letters of the Holy Cross Provincial (Indiana Province), 1925-1948, and Superior General, 1908-1946; canon law cases, 1920s-1940s; correspondence and reports of the Committee on Studies, Moreau Seminary, 1937-1941; report "Peter's Pence, Catholic University and Foreign Missions Collections," 1930s; program from his Golden Jubilee, 1974; and pamphlets he collected.
- Subject: Canon law X
- Birth control 3
- Celibacy 3
- Monasticism and religious orders 3
- Agnosticism 2
- Agriculture 2
- Atheism 2
- Bible 2
- Catholic Action 2
- Catholic Church -- United States -- History 2
- Catholic education 2
- Clergy -- United States 2
- Communism 2
- Credit unions 2
- Democracy 2
- Disarmament 2
- Economics 2
- Emigration and immigration 2
- Fascism 2
- Freemasons 2 ∧ less
- Canon Law Society of America 2
- Baart, Peter A., 1858-1908. 1
- Boyle, Paul M. (Paul Michael), 1926- 1
- Canon Law Society of America. 1
- Catholic Church. Codex Juris Canonici (1983). 1
- Catholic Church. Congregatio de Religiosis. 1
- Catholic Church. Pontificia Commissio Codici Iuris Canonici Recognoscendo. 1
- Catholic Church. Pontificia Commissio de Vita Religiosa in Statibus Foederatis Americae Septentrionalis. 1
- Catholic Church. Synodus Episcoporum. 1
- Catholic Peace Fellowship 1
- Catholic Relief Services 1
- Center for Applied Research in the Apostolate (U.S.). 1
- Center for Intercultural Formation. 1
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men. 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. 1
- Doheny, William J. (William Joseph), 1898-1982. 1
- Guilfoyle, George, 1913- 1
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious of the United States 1
- Missionaries of Our Lady of La Sallette. 1
- Moreau Seminary (Notre Dame, Ind.) 1 ∧ less