Angelina Vértiz de Barthez Scrapbook
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0102
Scope and Contents
The personal scrapbook of Angelina Vértiz de Barthez. Included are numerous comments from admirers, autographs, and newspaper clippings, as well as some enclosures. Materials date from her first exhibition in 1946 to 1976. Included are exhibition announcements from 1949, 1951, 1953, 1955, 1956, and 1976.
- 1946 - 1976
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this item.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
Biographical / Historical
Angelina Vértiz de Barthez was born in 1912 in the pueblo of Valle del Bravo in the state of Mexico. She painted from an early age and studied under Armando Garcia Nunez and Ricardo Barcenas. In 1941 she married Rodolfo Barthez and moved to Mexico City. She first exhibitioned her work in 1946 at the Libreria de Bellas Artes. She died in August 1978.
Language of Materials
- Art, Mexican Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Painting, Mexican Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Press releases Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women painters -- Mexico Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Angelina Vértiz de Barthez Scrapbook
- Hannah E. Sabal
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note