Women's College Basketball Team Media Guide Collection
Identifier: EPH 7500
Scope and Contents
The guides in this collection were typically published by schools on an annual basis, prior to the basketball season. They generally included a review of the previous season, including statistics, and a preview of the upcoming season, with player and staff portraits and biographies. Other content might include broader information on the history of the school's program. Printed guides were distributed to media and season ticket holders, and sold to fans. They became increasingly popular and substantial in the 1980s and 90s, with the growth of the women's game. In the 21st century there was a marked trend towards replacing printed guides with online versions. The present collection includes guides from four-year colleges and universities across the country, without any real regional bias. Most date from the 1990s and early 2000s.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
25 Cubic Feet
A collection of women's college basketball team media guides from more than 200 individual colleges and universities. Most date from the 1990s and early 2000s.
The collection is arranged alphabetically by the familiar, "sports page" name of each publishing institution; i.e., Army, Michigan, UCLA. Within the holdings for each institution, arrangement is chronological.
- Basketball for women -- United States -- Periodicals Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Basketball for women. United States. History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- College sports -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Programs (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women's College Basketball Team Media Guide Collection
- Hannah Sabal
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note