John E. Rothensteiner Papers
Scope and Content
Primarily correspondence; correspondents include Henry Hussman, John B. Quinn, Boniface Rauch, OSB, and Theodore Vose; some of the correspondence involves Ursuline Sisters, School Sisters of Notre Dame, and the Missouri State Historical Society. Also manuscripts of several historical articles, a catalog of Rothensteiner's personal library and of the Rothensteiner collection at Mundelein College; and personal papers of William Faerber (1841- 1905).
The Notre Dame University Archives also possesses a master's thesis on Rothensteiner's career as a journalist, by Francis F. Mueller, which includes a complete listing of Rothensteiner's published articles.
- Creation: 1877-1936.
Language of Materials
In German and English .
Catholic priest, poet, historian, and journalist.
4 linear feet.
- Rothensteiner, John E. (John Ernest), 1860-1936. (Person)
- Ursulines. (Organization)
- School Sisters of Notre Dame. (Organization)
- State Society of Missouri. (Organization)
- Hussman, Henry. (Person)
- Quinn, John B. (Person)
- Rauch, Boniface, 1873- (Person)
- Vose, Theodore. (Person)
- Faerber, W. (Wilhelm), 1841-1905. (Person)
- John E. Rothensteiner Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note