Association of Chicago Priests Records
Scope and Content
Correspondence, proposals, reports, surveys, mailings, ledgers, salary schedules, calendars, press releases, agenda, minutes, case studies, constitutions, contracts, retirement plans, fund-raising papers, invoices, receipts, tax returns, newsletters, and photographs; concerning diocesan and religious priests, priestly training, pastoral development, Jewish oppression, anti-Semitism, concern for the poor, abortion, battered children, black clergy, busing, celibacy, canon law, research and development, the permanent diaconate, the draft, amnesty, due process, Catholic education, El Salvador, justice and the energy crisis, the Equal Rights Amendment, experimental ministries, marriage and family life, farmworker ministry, gay rights, the B-1 bomber, the death penalty, gun control, housing, Illinois prisons and jails, inner-city parishes, interracial justice, liberation theology, liturgy, campus ministry, priestly morale, peacemaking, resigned priests, selection of bishops, the Washington 19 Case, women religious, and youth ministry; involving the Committee for Non-ordained Ministry, Committee on Nominations, Committee on Parochial Experimentation, Committee on Youth Ministry, Ad Hoc Committee on Liturgy, Appointment Policies Committee, Alliance to End Repression, American Management Association, American Jewish Committee, Archdiocese Conference of Laity, National Assembly of Women Religious, Association of Detroit Priests; Association of Episcopal Clergy, Association of Pastoral Trainers, Concerned Canon Lawyers, Black Caucus, Chicago Center for Achievement of Human Potential, Chicago Presbyteral Senate, Priests for a Free Ministry, Hispanic Caucus, Priests' Retirement Mutual Aid Association, National Council of Catholic Bishops, National Federation of Priests' Councils, Illinois Catholic Conference, National Catholic Conference for Interracial Justice, Priests' Councils of New York, Seminarians for Ministerial Renewal, National Catholic Welfare Conference, Young Adults Catholic Action Federation, and Young Priests' Caucus; with material concerning Father Andrew Greeley and John Cardinal Cody.
- Association of Chicago Priests. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted by contract.
22 linear feet. 5 linear inches of photographs.
- Abortion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Jewish Committee.
- American Management Association.
- Association of Chicago Priests.
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Cody, John Patrick.
- Greeley, Andrew, 1928-
- National Assembly of Women Religious.
- National Catholic Conference for Interracial Justice.
- National Catholic Welfare Conference.
- National Federation of Priests'Councils.
- Priests Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Association of Chicago Priests Records
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note