Fenwick, Edward D. (Edward Dominic), 1768-1832
Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
Transcripts of 65 letters concerning the Catholic history of the state of Indiana from 1787-1837. Correspondents include Pope Benedict XIV, Cardinal Leonardo Antonelli, and Archbishop Joseph Signay; Bishops Jean-Oliver Briand, Simon Bruté, Edward Dominic Fenwick, Joseph Octave Plessis, and Joseph Rosati; and Charles Carroll, Jean Baptiste Louis Crévier, F.X. Dufaux, Pierre Gibault, Sebastian Meurin, Gabriel Richard, and John Tessier.
Chiefly correspondence. Correspondents include John Dubois, Simon Gabriel Bruté, Guy Ignatius Chabrat, SS, Henry Conwell, John Baptist David, SS, John England, Edward Dominic Fenwick, OP, Benedict Joseph Flaget, SS, John Joseph Hughes, Francis Patrick Kenrick, Gabriel Richard, and James Whitfield. Also correspondence from the Sulpician priests in the Kentucky missions, 1810-1834.
Letters from members of the American Catholic hierarchy to the Rectors of the English College in Rome, who acted as their agents; letters from bishops Henry Conwell, Ambrose Marechal, James Whitfield, Samuel Eccleston, and Edward Fenwick, and from Father Gabriel Richard; letters to rectors Robert Gradwell and Nicholas Patrick Wiseman.
In English, Latin, French, and Italian.
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 2
- Catholic Church -- Ohio -- History -- Sources 2
- Catholic Church--Bishops--Correspondence. 2
- Letters 2
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- Indiana 1
- Catholic Church -- United States -- History 1
- Catholic universities and colleges 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- Italy -- Rome 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- United States 1
- Catholics -- Indiana -- History 1
- Sulpicians -- United States -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Maryland. 1 + ∧ less