Brothers of Holy Cross
Biographical / Historical
On March 1, 1837, the Brothers of St. Joseph and the Auxiliary Priests of Le Mans united to form the Congregation of Holy Cross within which they remained distinct under the new names Brothers of Holy Cross and Holy Cross Fathers; they regained autonomy when the Congregation of Holy Cross adopted a new constitution April 10, 1947.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Chiefly story books written by brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross telling the lives of saints; with some books about priests, sisters, classical composers, sports heroes, and other exemplary Catholics; also books for children by other Catholic authors brought out by other publishers, including standard Catholic readers dating from 1909; and a dozen illustrated pamphlets, most of them by Daniel A. Lord, SJ, teaching children about prayers, liturgy, and sacraments.
Documents from the archives of the Canadian Province of the Congregation of Holy Cross having to do with the general history of the Congregation, including foundations in Europe, America, and India, and associated congregations of brothers and sisters.
Collected digital data, photographs and printed material having to do with the priests, brothers, and sisters of Holy Cross.