Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Herbert Benezet Tyson Letters
Identifier: MSN/CW 5010
Abstract A group of 5 letters written by naval lieutenant Herbert Benezet Tyson of the U.S.S. Connecticut, during that ship's cruise to and around the Caribbean in winter/spring 1865.
Michael Quin Documents
Identifier: MSN/CW 2013
Scope and Contents This collection consists of State Department copies of documents sent by British Ambassador Lord Lyons to U. S. Secretary of State William H. Seward on 8 August 1863, now being forwarded, on 13 August, to Secretary of the Navy Gideon Welles, accompanied by a cover letter signed by Seward. The case itself was months old, and had spawned a good deal of paperwork prior to the appearance of this particular batch of documents. The two key items are; 1) a seven-page affidavit of Quinn's describing...
Pugh Family Letters
Identifier: MSN/CW 5009
Abstract A group of 12 letters written by the Western Pennsylvania Quakers John and Joseph Pugh during the Civil War. Included are 6 letters written by John during his service aboard the U.S.S. Quaker City, of the navy's East Gulf Blockading Squadron.
Robert B. Drinan Correspondence
Identifier: MSN/MN 5009
Abstract The correspondence and naval mementos of Robert B. Drinan, dating from his period of service as apprentice in the United States Navy (1896/7-1901).
Dates: 1897-1973; Majority of material found within 1897-1901
- Letters (correspondence) 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Blockades -- Sources 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Naval operations -- Sources 2
- Caribbean Area -- Description and travel 1
- Caribbean Area -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Caribbean Area -- History, Naval -- 19th century 1
- Legal documents 1
- Letters 1
- Postcards 1
- Providence (R.I.) -- Social life and customs 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Participation, Foreign 1
- United States. History. Civil War, 1861-1865. Participation, Quaker. 1 ∧ less
- Archibald, Edward Mortimer, 1810-1884 1
- Connecticut (Ship) 1
- Drinan, Robert B. (Robert Barker), 1880-after 1942 1
- Lyons, Richard Bickerton Pemell Lyons, Earl, 1817-1887 1
- Pugh, John, ca. 1833-1924 1