Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Records of the Notre Dame Foundation's Gettysburg Celebration Committee, including photographs.
Found in: University of Notre Dame Archives
Identifier: MSN/CW 5030
Abstract A group of seven Civil War era letters and notes written by two members of the Shriver family of Owings Mills, Maryland. Much of the content relates to Thomas Herbert Shriver, who served at Gettysburg with the 1st Virginia Cavalry (CS) and subsequently attended the Virginia Military Institute.
Identifier: MSN/CW 8007
Abstract A volume including manuscript diary entries dated from August 1863 to October 1864 written by Civil War soldier William Cline, as a member of Co. B, 73rd Ohio Infantry. The book also includes a 53-page memoir chronicling Cline's service from 1861-1863.
- Subject: Gettysburg, Battle of, Gettysburg, Pa., 1863 X
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 2
- University of Notre Dame Archives 1
- Diaries 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Maryland -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Soldiers -- Ohio -- Diaries 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- University records 1 ∧ less
- Cline, William, 1830-1899 1
- Confederate States of America. Army of Northern Virginia 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Virginia Cavalry Regiment, 1st 1
- Notre Dame Foundation. Gettysburg Celebration Committee. 1
- Shriver, Andrew Keiser, 1836-1897 1