Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content Pamphlets, leaflets, novenas, liturgical booklets, catechisms, pastoral lettters, papal encyclicals, reprints, and miscellaneous issues of periodicals; concerning the history of Catholicism in the United States, Catholic tradition, doctrine, clergy, religious orders, celibacy, Canon Law, Catholic Action, anti- Catholicism, the Bible, the social teaching of the popes, labor unions, scholasticism, immigration; the Second Vatican Council, birth control, saints, the Irish, Catholic missions and...
Scope and Content Letters, pamphlets, clippings and manuscripts of speeches and sermons, with material concerning a riot in 1844 over the version of the Bible to be used in public schools, the Eucharistic Convention held in Philadelphia in 1899 sponsored by the Priests' Eucharistic League, and the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. Correspondents include the prelates of the diocese in the 19th century and laymen. Also typed copies and photostats of German letters, 1891- 1892,...
Scope and Content Anniversary booklets, yearbooks, necrologies, directories, ordos, statutes, books, pamphlets, clippings, and other printed material pertaining to dioceses and archdioceses in the United States; providing information on ecclesiastical sees, Catholic institutions, religious education, episcopal appointments, and ordinations; with biographies of priests diocesan histories, parish histories, and diocesan school board reports.
Scope and Content Pamphlets, catechisms, encyclicals, and pastoral letters concerning the lay apostolate, the Mystical Body of Christ, birth control, the Holy Ghost, heaven, forbidden books, worship, marriage and family life, education, parochial schools, conversion, the constitution, communism, college life, Church and State, Catholic Action, the Bible, atheism, the Blessed Virgin Mary, shrines, migration, immigration, refugees, the military, nuns, peace, the poor, prayer, the life of priests and brothers,...
Scope and Content Pamphlets, periodicals, and printed ephemera collected by the University of Notre Dame Archives; concerning the history of Catholicism in the United States, Catholic tradition, doctrine, clergy, religious orders, celibacy, Canon Law, Catholic Action, the Bible, the social teaching of the popes, labor unions, scholasticism, immigration; the Second Vatican Council, birth control, saints, the Irish, Catholic missions and missionaries, Catholic education, Fascism, communism, socialism, racism,...
Scope and Content Letters (1870-1889) to Jenkins from Benedict Webb, editor of the Catholic Advocate; John Ireland, Bishop (later Archbishop) of St. Paul; Eliza Allen Starr, author; and John Lancaster Spalding, Bishop of Peoria; also letters (1895-1896) from Jenkins to his sister (?), Hetty, and manuscript drafts of travelogue sketches and notes on Kentucky history.
Scope and Content Correspondence concerning his publications, the University of Notre Dame scholarship committee (1940s), the Catholic Education Club (1943-1944), the Philosophy of Education Society (1951-1953), Pax Romana (International Movement of Catholic Students) and his interest in Latin America and Latin American students and alumni (1945-1946); manuscripts of his publications; class lecture notes and handouts; pamphlets, newsletters, maps, and other printed material on Latin America; and newspaper...
- Catholic education 5
- Atheism 3
- Bible 3
- Birth control 3
- Catholic Action 3
- Celibacy 3
- Clergy -- United States 3
- Communism 3
- Emigration and immigration 3
- Labor 3
- Letters. 3
- Monasticism and religious orders 3
- Peace 3
- Trade Unions 3
- War 3
- Agnosticism 2
- Agriculture 2
- Canon law 2
- Catholic Church -- United States -- History 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Clark, Francis P. (Francis Patrick), 1936-1979. 1
- College of St. Teresa (Kansas City, Mo.). 1
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842. 1
- Cunningham, W. F. (William Francis), 1885-1961. 1
- DePaul University. 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814. 1
- Fontbone College, (St. Louis, Mo.) 1
- Heuser, Herman Joseph, 1851-1933 1
- International Movement of Catholic Students. 1
- Ireland, John, 1838-1918. 1
- Jenkins, Thomas J. (Thomas Jefferson), 1847-1912. 1
- Jenkins, Thomas J., (Thomas Jefferson), 1847-1912. 1
- Kenrick, Francis Patrick, 1797-1863. 1
- Latin America -- History -- Addresses, essays, lectures. 1
- National Catholic Educational Association. 1
- Neumann, John, Saint, 1811-1860. 1
- North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. 1
- Priests' Eucharistic League 1 ∧ less