Showing Collections: 241 - 253 of 253
Scientific and Photographic Instruments Collection
Scope and Content Chiefly optical instruments such as microscopes, lenses and related parts, cameras, glass plates, and slides; also pipettes, Bunsen burners, saws, knives, tweezers, rulers, film holders, mirrors, and other tools.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1920s.
Social Issues Collection
Scope and Content Pamphlets on education, politics, civics, youth action, Catholic social action, ethics, socialism, revolution, racial equality, poverty, hunger, immigration, refugees, citizenship, democracy, communism, trade unions, wages, labor, strikes, crime, alcoholism, justice, Nazis, war, atomic bomb, economics, religious liberty, rural electrification, banking, insurance, milk, food, tobacco, farms, coal, population control, the Civilian Conservation Corps, Methodism, Poland, Ireland, Spain, England,...
Stanislas Fitte Papers
Scope and Content Notes for sermons, lectures, and classes, with his views of church history, history of philosophy, morals, logic, and French drama; a few letters; manuscripts of lectures, papers, and sermons; a transcript of his philosophy lectures, 1893-1894; and printed lectures, 1897-1898.
Scope and Contents Records of Notre Dame's Student Activities Office, including audio-visual and printed material.
Thomas Banchoff Papers
Scope and Content Two of Banchoff's notebooks from a Notre Dame class taught by R. Catesby Taliaferro in the 1950s; four folders representing Banchoff's efforts, together with others, to publish Taliaferro's course in Rational Mechanics; Notre Dame reunion folders 1975-2015; football correspondence; faculty correspondence; college quiz bowl; sabbatical 1994. Notre Dame class notes 1956-1960; Notre Dame math courses 1959-1960; some Berkeley class notes ca 1961-62. Notre Dame General Files 1990s-2000s; 1960...
Thomas J. Brennan Papers
Scope and Content Sermons and speeches collected or delivered by Brennan, 1906-1964; writings on philosophy collected by Brennan; correspondence, 1952-1971; photographs; and the program from the world premiere, held in South Bend, of the film "Knute Rockne: All American."
Thomas J. Schlereth Collection
Scope and Content Photographs collected for research of his book The University of Notre Dame: A Portrait of Its History and Campus (University of Notre Dame Press: Notre Dame and London, 1975).
Dates: ca. 1855-1975.
University of Notre Dame. Dome Yearbook.
Scope and Contents Records of Notre Dame's yearbook (The Dome), including a large collection of photographs.
Scope and Contents Records of Notre Dame's University Photographer, including black-and-white and color negatives and prints, and video and audio recordings; with images of Notre Dame trustees, advisory council members, administrators, and faculty, scenes from university life representing academic, religious, and recreational aspects, and videos representing campus activities.
Vincent G. McAloon Papers
Scope and Content Autobiographical writings including Vincent McAloon: In His Own Words; similar self-published books sent to him by by Notre Dame alumni: Robert Cronin, William J. Rockenstein, Thaddeus M. Jones, and John David Mooney; a book, The Vatican Observatory and the Arts: the Sculpture of John David Mooney at Castel Gandolfo; remarks by Brother Thomas Dziekan, CSC, and Brother Joseph Umile, CSC, at McAloon's funeral service; a brief page of memories...
Walter M. Langford Papers
Scope and Content Papers, 1961-1972, including newsletters, clippings, reports, correspondence, and manuscripts of "The Peace Corps As I Saw It"; concerning Langford's work as director of the Peace Corps training program at Notre Dame and service with the Peace Corps in Chile. Also eight 16mm movies of Peace Corps volunteers in South America, 1960s, and photographs of Peace Corps volunteers in Chile, ca. 1962.
William C. Havey Papers
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1923-1959; photographs, clippings, lecture notes, sermons, pamphlets, and a thesis, "The Inadequacy of Sensism," 1920.
Willis D. Nutting Papers
Scope and Content Drafts of books, articles, lectures, speeches (1920-1975); notes for lectures and projects (1918-1975); correspondence (1938-1975); and printed material (1932-1960).
- Names: University of Notre Dame X
- University records 173
- University of Notre Dame -- Photographs. 8
- University of Notre Dame -- Athletics -- Photographs. 7
- University of Notre Dame -- Faculty -- Photographs. 7
- University of Notre Dame -- Students -- Photographs. 7
- College sports -- Photographs 6
- Photographs -- Collections 6
- Universities and colleges -- Indiana -- Photographs. 6
- University of Notre Dame -- Sports -- Photographs. 6
- Black-and-white photographs 5
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Photographs. 5
- University of Notre Dame -- Academics -- Photographs. 5
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 5
- University of Notre Dame -- Football -- Photographs. 5
- University of Notre Dame -- Football 4
- University of Notre Dame -- Religious life and customs -- Photographs. 4
- University of Notre Dame -- Staff -- Photographs. 4
- recordings 4
- Color photographs 3
- Printed material 3 ∧ less
- English 251
- French 2
- German 1
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Undetermined 1 ∧ less
- University of Notre Dame. Archives. 6
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Football team) 4
- University of Notre Dame. Executive Vice-President. 4
- Congregation of Holy Cross. 3
- Rockne, Knute, 1888-1931 3
- Sorin, Edward 3
- Catholic Committee on Urban Ministry 2
- Congregation of Holy Cross 2
- Corby, William, 1833-1897 2
- Egan, John J. 2
- Hesburgh, Theodore Martin, 1917- 2
- Nutting, Willis Dwight, 1900- 2
- Saint Mary's College (Notre Dame, Ind.) 2
- Taliaferro, R. Catesby (Robert Catesby), 1907-1989 2
- University of Notre Dame Archives 2
- University of Notre Dame. Director of Athletics. 2
- University of Notre Dame. Provost. 2
- Aboczky, Robert. 1
- Alinsky, Saul D., 1909-1972 1 ∧ less