Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Identifier: MSN/CW 5057
Abstract More than one hundred letters written during the Civil War by two brothers serving in the Confederate army, Sgt. William Lafayette Barrier (1st North Carolina Cavalry) and Col. Rufus Barrier (8th North Carolina Infantry). The letters are mostly directed to the brothers' father, Mathias Barrier, in Mt. Pleasant, Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
Dates: 1861-1868; Majority of material found in ( 1861-1865)
Identifier: MSN/CW 5040
Scope and Contents A manuscript personal letter written from the defenses of Richmond on 1 December 1864 by Confederate soldier Cicero R. Barker, 8th North Carolina Infantry.
Dates: 1 December 1864
Identifier: MSN/CW 5050
Abstract A personal letter written from Columbus, Ohio on 25 August 1863 by Confederate Col. Richard C. Morgan, 14th Kentucky Cavalry, following his capture on John Hunt Morgan's Indiana-Ohio Raid. The letter is directed to sister-in-law Martha Ready Morgan, John Morgan's wife.
Dates: 25 August 1863
- Cabarrus County (N.C.) -- History 1
- Morgan's Ohio Raid, 1863 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Soldiers -- North Carolina -- Correspondence 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Campaigns 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Prisoners and prisons 1 ∧ less
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 8th 2
- Barker, Cicero R., 1848-1917 1
- Barrier, Rufus A. (Rufus Alexander), 1836-1876 1
- Barrier, William L. (William Lafayette), 1834-1864 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. Clingman's Brigade 1