College Football Conferences Media Guides Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of media guides for college football conferences. The media guides typically contain pictures, articles, statistics, schedules, and information about the conference teams and their players, coaches, and other personnel. The guides also usually contain administrative information about the conference, its constituent colleges/universities, historical data about the conference and other information for members of the media. The media guides tend to become larger, longer, and more substantial through the years. Some guides are fall seasonal media guides and include abbreviated sections on fall sports other than football. These are indicated in the scope and content note. Formats include media guides.
- Creation: 1945 - 2005
- Atlantic Coast Conference (Organization)
- Big East Conference (Organization)
- Big Eight Conference (Organization)
- Big Ten Conference (U.S.) (Organization)
- Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association (Organization)
- Eastern College Athletic Conference (Organization)
- Ivy League (Football conference) (Organization)
- Missouri Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (Organization)
- Mountain States Athletic Conference (Organization)
- Pacific-10 Conference (Organization)
- Southern Intercollegiate Conference (Organization)
- Southeastern Conference (Organization)
- Southwest Conference (U.S.) (Organization)
- Southwestern Athletic Conference (Organization)
- Western Athletic Conference (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no access restrictions on this collection.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright status for collection materials is unknown. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
4.5 Cubic Feet (9 document cases)
Language of Materials
Media guides arranged alphabetically by conference and then chronologically.
- December 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description