Northern Indiana Historical Society Local History Manuscripts
Scope and Content
Records of the Society such as minutes from meetings (1895-1970) and lists of holdings; ledgers, journals, and records of such early explorers and residents of the area as Captain Josiah Bartlett of Portsmouth, New Hampshire, John Brownfield, William Burnett, Marvin Campbell, Lathrop Minor Taylor, Horatio Chapman, Schuyler Colfax, Alexis Coquillard, and Alonzo Delano, a merchant from Mishawaka; records of local companies, including S. Hanna & Co., T.B. Roberts & Co., and George Wyman & Co.; records of other organizations in northern Indiana; and papers of the Studebaker family.
- Northern Indiana Historical Society. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
38 reels of microfilm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Northern Indiana Historical Society, South Bend, Indiana
- Bartlett, Josiah, 1729-1795.
- Brownfield, John.
- Burnett, William.
- Campbell, Marvin.
- Chapman, Horatio, 1803-1871.
- Colfax, Schuyler, 1823-1885.
- Coquillard, Alexis, 1795-1855.
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Delano, Alonzo, 1806-1874.
- George Wyman & Company.
- Northern Indiana Historical Society.
- Samuel Hanna & Company.
- Small business Indiana -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Studebaker family.
- T.B. Roberts & Co.
- Taylor, Lathrop M. (Lathrop Minor).
- Northern Indiana Historical Society Local History Manuscripts
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note