Philip Gleason Papers
Scope and Content
Professional correspondence, 1967-1976; manuscripts of publications; correspondence and programs from the Orestes Brownson Memorial Conference, University of Notre Dame (1976), and the American Catholic Historical Association meetings at Notre Dame (1968, 1979); correspondence and minutes concerning the National Conference of Catholic Bishops' Committee for the Bicentennial, 1975-1976; correspondence, directories and papers from the Catholic Commission on Intellectual and Cultural Affairs, 1967- 1973; correspondence and report of the the evaluation of graduate history programs at St. John's University, (Jamaica, NY, 1974), and Georgetown University (Washington, DC, 1985); printed material and photocopies of manuscripts gathered in support of historical research, 1869-1922; correspondence and minutes of such Notre Dame faculty committees as Academic Affairs Committee, 1967-1976, Committee on Humanities, 1966-1968, Committee on Final Examinations, 1983-1984, and Committee on the Teaching Doctorate, 1970-1971; a proposal relating to ethnic studies at the University of Notre Dame, 1970-1972; and printed material including works of Joseph Och.
- Creation: 1869-[ongoing]
- Gleason, Philip (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted by contract.
Professor of history, University of Notre Dame, 1959- .
54 linear feet.
Language of Materials
- Brownson, Orestes Augustus, 1803-1876 (Person)
- American Catholic Historical Association (Organization)
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Committee for the Bicentennial. (Organization)
- Catholic Commission on Intellectual and Cultural Affairs (U.S.) (Organization)
- University of Notre Dame (Organization)
- St. John's University. (Organization)
- Georgetown University. (Organization)
- Och, Joseph, 1725?-1773. (Person)
- Philip Gleason Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note