Peter Ernest Dietz Correspondence
Scope and Content
Letters from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Nicholas Dietz, James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop John Glennon, and Frederick P. Kenkel to Peter E. Dietz; concerning Dietz's work in support of organized labor and his interest in social service and social reform; with material on the Militia of Christ and the American Federation of Labor.
Also correspondence between Dietz and officers of the Catholic Central Verein concerning cooperation between the Verein and the American Federation of Catholic Societies; with a few related letters involving other correspondents.
Letters from Archbishop Glennon also available on microfilm.
- Creation: 1910-1921.
Language of Materials
Priest and journalist dedicated to the social principles set down in Pope Leo XIII's encyclical Rerum Novarum. He supported labor unions and was associated with the Catholic Central Verein and the American Federation of Catholic Societies.
.5 linear inches.
- Militia of Christ for Social Service. (Organization)
- American Federation of Labor (Organization)
- American Federation of Catholic Societies (Organization)
- Catholic Central Verein of America (Organization)
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935 (Person)
- Dietz, Nicholas. (Person)
- Gibbons, James, 1834-1921 (Person)
- Glennon, John J. (John Joseph), 1862-1946 (Person)
- Kenkel, Frederick, 1863-1952 (Person)
- Peter Ernest Dietz Correspondence
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note