William Charles Bitting Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, memoranda, bonds, printed announcements, circulars, clippings, photographs, and religious pictures; concerning the issue of mortgage bonds and loans to churches, hospitals, religious orders, and charitable organizations including the Roman Catholic dioceses of St. Augustine, Baltimore, Detroit, Manila, San Antonio, Santa Fe, Seattle, Galveston, El Paso, Toledo, Chicago, Indianapolis, Altoona, Fort Wayne, Wheeling, Cleveland, Monterey-Fresno, Vancouver, Mobile, and Richmond; the Catholic Church in Bavaria, Methodist Episcopal Church, Protestant Episcopal Church, Southern Baptist Convention, Baptist General Convention of Texas, Baptist State Convention of North Carolina, and Salvation Army; Chautauqua Institution, Neighborhood Association of St Louis, Baylor University; Franciscans, Dominicans, Sulpicians, Lorettines, Sisters of the Good Shepherd, Sisters of Charity, and other religious orders; and many individual hospitals and Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, Campbellite, Lutheran and Episcopalian churches.
- Bitting, William Charles, 1887-1954 (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Contractual restrictions may apply.
Member of the investment securities firm of Bitting & Co.
3 linear inches.
- Bitting and Company.
- Bitting, William Charles, 1887-1954.
- Church finance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Monasticism and religious orders Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mortgage bonds -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Securities -- United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- William Charles Bitting Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note