Benjamin Marie Petit Collection
Fonds — Box: UNDA-CC-0003
Scope and Content
Anonymous handwritten historical sketch with extracts of Petit's correspondence; concerning the foundation of the Congregation of Holy Cross in the United States and its condition circa 1857, the spiritual advantages of the Association of Indulgences, and the Potawatomie Indians in the vicinity of South Bend. Also a photocopy of an article from the Ave Maria concerning Petit (1865) and a copy of The Trail of Death: Letters of Benjamin Marie Petit edited by Irving McKee. Photostats of other Petit papers may be found in our Vincennes collection (CAVI).
- ca. 1857-1865.
- Petit, Benjamin Marie, 1811-1839. (Person)
Language of Materials
Catholic priest; missionary to the Potawatomie Indians of Northern Indiana.
- Congregation of Holy Cross -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Indulgences Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Monasticism and religious orders Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Petit, Benjamin Marie, 1811-1839.
- Potawatomi Indians -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Benjamin Marie Petit Collection
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note