Edwin C. Bauer Photograph Collection
Scope and Content
Eight photographs, most of them albumen cartes-de-visites, dating from late in the nineteenth century, several by James Bonney, with images of Notre Dame faculty members Auguste Lemonnier, CSC, William Corby, CSC, Joseph Lyons, Dr. C. J. Lundy, and Professor Arthur Stace; of Timothy Howard and Mrs. Howard; of A. Calameri; of twins who joined the Sisters of the Holy Cross, Sister Presentation Tong, CSC, and Sister Purification Tong, CSC; and a few unidentified others; also one twentieth-century black-and-white print of poet and Notre Dame president Charles L. O'Donnell, CSC, with two other priests.
- Creation: ca. 1870s-1920s.
- Bauer, E., CSC (Person)
Language of Materials
Born in Norvell, Michigan, in 1911, Edwin C. Bauer graduated from the University of Notre Dame in 1937 and became a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross. He served as Procurator of Holy Cross Home Missions in Austin, Texas, 1953-1956, as a parish priest in Austin, Texas, and South Bend, Indiana, and as a chaplain at St. Edward's University in Austin and at Cathedral High School in Indianapolis. In 1968 he became a member of the Southern Province of the congregation and served as a chaplain at hospitals and nursing homes in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, until his death in 1974.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Sent by E. Bauer, CSC, from Austin, Texas, in 1956.
- Lemonnier, Auguste. (Person)
- Corby, William C. (Person)
- Lyons, Joseph. (Person)
- Lundy, C. J. (Person)
- Stace, Arthur J. (Arthur Joseph), 1838-1890. (Person)
- O'Donnell, Charles L. (Charles Leo), 1884-1934. (Person)
- Howard, Timothy Edward, 1837-1916. (Person)
- Tong, Sister Presentation (Person)
- Tong, Sister Purification (Person)
- Bonney, James (Person)
- Bauer, Edwin C. (Person)
- University of Notre Dame (Organization)
- Edwin C. Bauer Photograph Collection
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note