Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content Correspondence with Joyce Kilmer, John Ayscough, Wilfrid Meynell, Thomas Walsh, John O'Hara, CSC, Charles Phillips, Joseph J. Boyle, CSC, and others, 1889-1940; manuscripts of O'Donnell's doctoral dissertation, The Prose of Francis Thompson; student Mass books, 1909-1916; class record books; class lecture notes; unpublished poems and a notebook of poetry; lectures and sermons; clippings on the death of Joyce Kilmer; and pamphlets.
Scope and Content Crank letter addressed to Bishop Joseph Rademacher of Nashville, September 1884; invitation and program for Centennial Dinner Commemorating the Erection of the See of Nashville, 5 October 1937, from Bishop William L. Adrian to "President and Faculty, Notre Dame University"; letter from John F. O'Hara, CSC, President of Notre Dame, regretting that he will not be able to attend and appointing Rev. Thomas McAvoy, CSC, to represent him; letter, 28 September 1937, from O'Hara to McAvoy...
Dates: 1884, 1936-1937
Scope and Content Correspondence, clippings, printed material, and manuscripts of articles and talks, mostly concerning economics, especially Catholicism and labor; reports and correspondence of the National Catholic Welfare Conference's Industrial Council Committee, 1950-1951, and the Holy Cross Fathers' Province Development Project, 1958-1959; biographical file on John Cardinal O'Hara, 1935-1960; oral history interview with Keller for the Herbert Hoover Library, 1969; reviews of Keller's publications,...
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1908-1960; sermons, lectures and editorials by O'Hara; clippings about him; notes taken by him; class records, 1917-1931; excerpts from the diary of his sister Elizabeth O'Hara, 1940-1951; correspondence, press releases, and clippings concerning his role as military delegate of the armed forces of the United States, 1940-1945; photographs, pamphlets, and medals. Also microfilm of clippings concerning Theodore Roosevelt's trip to South America with John A. Zahm, CSC,...
Scope and Content Correspondence with Elizabeth Brownson, Etienne Gilson, Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC, Ann Harrigan Makletzoff, Jacques Maritain, Eugene McCarthy, John F. O'Hara, CSC, Josef Pieper, Paul Simon, and Yves Simon; manuscripts of several books including The Catholic Quaker Boy, Concerning Mary Ann, Irish Portraits and Other Poems, Working Together for Freedom, Ourselves, Inc., Holding up the Hills, and his autobiography; notebooks kept during the writing of several books on the history of cooperatives;...
Scope and Content Correspondence of O'Hara and Thornton with Rev. Robert J. Chisholm, George T. Quinlivan, Hugh O'Donnell, CSC, Constantine E. Zielinski, and others, some of it concerning prisoners of war in Germany; notes written by O'Hara; military ordinariate circulars; mailing lists; Christmas cards; and printed material.
Scope and Content Photos of Martin J. Gillen, his family graves, John F. O'Hara, CSC, William A. McGuire, the Land O'Lakes property in Wisconsin, and various buildings at Notre Dame.
Scope and Content Correspondence of Raymond Morrissey, University of Notre Dame class of 1934, with Eugene Burke, CSC, Matthew Walsh, CSC, and Bishop John O'Hara, CSC.
Scope and Content Correspondence with Robert Speaight, 1941-1944, and others concerning Simon's work; manuscripts by Simon; newspaper and journal articles concerning Simon; reviews of his publications; and certificates and awards given Simon. Also microfilm of correspondence with editors, Supreme Court Justices, and John F. O'Hara, CSC, then President of Notre Dame; of clippings from Marquette University and Milwaukee newspapers; and of his journal, 1945-1949.
- Names: O'Hara, John F. (John Francis), 1888-1960. X
- Letters. 3
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. 2
- Awards. 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Cardinals -- United States -- Biography 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Christian ethics 1
- Church and labor 1
- Church and social problems -- Catholic Church -- Addresses, essays, lectures 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Collective bargaining 1
- College presidents -- Indiana 1
- Cooperation -- United States 1
- Cooperative societies -- United States 1
- Economics 1
- France -- Politics and government -- 1940-1945 1
- Funeral sermons. 1
- Income -- United States 1
- Knowledge, Theory of 1
- Lecture notes. 1 ∧ less
- Adrian, William L. 1
- Ayscough, John, 1858-1928. 1
- Boyle, Joseph J., 1882-1936. 1
- Brownson, Elizabeth. 1
- Burke, Eugene P., 1883-1961. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.). 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Buffalo (N.Y.). 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Nashville (Tenn.) 1
- Chisholm, Robert J. 1
- Gillen, Martin J. 1
- Gilson, Etienne, 1884-1978. 1
- Hesburgh, Theodore Martin, 1917- 1
- Keller, Edward A. 1
- Kilmer, Joyce, 1886-1918. 1
- Makletzoff, Ann Harrigan, 1910-1984. 1
- Maritain, Jacques, 1882-1973. 1
- McAvoy, Thomas Timothy, 1903-1969. 1
- McCarthy, Eugene J., 1916- 1
- McGuire, William A. 1 ∧ less