Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content Correspondence of William Henry O'Connell, rector of the North American College in Rome (1895-1901) and Cardinal Archbishop of Boston (1907-1944), and John Ireland, Archbishop of Saint Paul (1888-1918), with Countess Sabina di Parravicino of Milan, the Italian translator of Ireland's speeches; correspondence of John Joseph Glennon, Cardinal Archbishop of St. Louis (1903-1946); John Joseph Keane (1839-1918), Bishop of Richmond (1878-1888), first rector of Catholic University (1889-1896),...
Scope and Content Correspondence with John W. Mahan dating from the time of Ford's work on the Irish World; correspondence with Thomas O'Gorman, professor of church history at Catholic University in Washington D.C. and later bishop of Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and Bishop John Ireland of St. Paul, Minnesota, concerning the Americanist controversy in the 1890s; correspondence with Frank Dosert concerning the production in Rome in 1893 of a Mass which he wrote; correspondence with John W. Munson and others...
Scope and Content Correspondence with James Cardinal Gibbons, bishops John Ireland, John J. Keane, Denis O'Connell, and John Lancaster Spalding, and others, much of it concerning Americanism; also notes, clippings, pamphlets, drafts, and photographs.
Dates: 1889-1925 bulk 1897-1904.
Scope and Content An inventory of material collected by Sister Helen Angela for her biography of Ireland, John of St. Paul: The Making of Archbishop Ireland; correspondence concerning the biography, 1953-1961; and clippings and a manuscript by Sister Angela concerning Ireland's work as a Civil War chaplain. Also microfilm containing notes and transcripts of letters in two different hands and clippings that span the years 1892-1905; concerning Catholic schools in America, the Spanish-American War,...
Scope and Content Correspondence and related papers of John Ireland; scrapbooks; and supplementary papers including Denis O'Connell letters. For a more detailed description, see Guide to a Microfilm Edition of The John Ireland Papers by Scott Jessee (St. Paul: Minnesota Historical Society, 1984).
Scope and Content Professional and personal correspondence; notes, galleys, and manuscripts of books written by O'Connell; articles and reviews collected or written by O'Connell; and collected sermons given by O'Connell, with a tape recording of his sermon for the consecration of Bishop James P. Shannon (31 March 1965); also a full run of clippings and typed submissions of a newspaper column, written by O'Connell, 1966-1974, on a wide variety of religious, social and political topics; and photographs. ...
Scope and Content Letters (1870-1889) to Jenkins from Benedict Webb, editor of the Catholic Advocate; John Ireland, Bishop (later Archbishop) of St. Paul; Eliza Allen Starr, author; and John Lancaster Spalding, Bishop of Peoria; also letters (1895-1896) from Jenkins to his sister (?), Hetty, and manuscript drafts of travelogue sketches and notes on Kentucky history.
- Names: Ireland, John, 1838-1918. X
- Americanism (Catholic controversy) 3
- Letters. 3
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 2
- Catholic Church -- Minnesota 1
- Catholic Church -- Publishing 1
- Catholic Church -- United States -- Biography 1
- Catholic education 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Sermons. 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Gibbons, James, 1834-1921. 2
- Keane, John J. (John Joseph), 1839-1918. 2
- Klein, Felix, 1862-1953. 2
- O'Connell, Denis Joseph, 1849-1927. 2
- Blaine, James Gillespie, 1830-1893. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of St. Paul (Minn.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of St. Paul (Minn.). 1
- Delassus, Henri, 1836- . 1
- Dosert, Frank. 1
- Elliott, Walter, 1842-1928. 1
- Fonsegrive, George, 1852-1917. 1
- Ford, Austin E., 1840-1933 -- Manuscripts. 1
- Ford, Austin E., 1840-1933. 1
- Glennon, John Joseph, Cardinal, 1862-1946. 1
- Goyau, Juliette Heuzey. 1
- Great Britain. Foreign Office. 1
- Hecker, Isaac Thomas, 1819-1888. 1
- Houtin, Albert, 1867-1926. 1
- Hurley, Helen Angela. 1 ∧ less