Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content Correspondence and copies of correspondence, including three autographs of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, several autographs of Archbishop John Carroll, and correspondence of Bishop John Cheverus of Boston, Bishop Michael Egan of Philadelphia, Daniel Brent, John Carroll Brent, and Howes Goldsborough of Easton, Maryland; diary of Archbishop Ambrose Maréchal, 1818-1827; diary and account book of Archbishop James Whitfield, 1827-1828; clippings and related material. Also microfilm of...
Dates: 1717-1960 (bulk 1800-1899).
Scope and Content Correspondence with James Cardinal Gibbons, bishops John Ireland, John J. Keane, Denis O'Connell, and John Lancaster Spalding, and others, much of it concerning Americanism; also notes, clippings, pamphlets, drafts, and photographs.
Dates: 1889-1925 bulk 1897-1904.
Scope and Content An inventory of material collected by Sister Helen Angela for her biography of Ireland, John of St. Paul: The Making of Archbishop Ireland; correspondence concerning the biography, 1953-1961; and clippings and a manuscript by Sister Angela concerning Ireland's work as a Civil War chaplain. Also microfilm containing notes and transcripts of letters in two different hands and clippings that span the years 1892-1905; concerning Catholic schools in America, the Spanish-American War,...
Scope and Content Newspaper clippings and pamphlets concerning Potawatomies, Miamis, and other Indians of North America; an "Appeal in Behalf of the Negro and Indian Missions in the United States," signed by the Commission for the Catholic Missions among the Negroes and Indians (James Cardinal Gibbons and Archbishops Patrick J. Ryan, and John J. Kain); scattered issues of the journal Kamloops Wawa (1894-1897); five issues (1896-1898) of Anishinabe Enamiad, a Monthly Journal Devoted to the Interests of the...
Scope and Content Correspondence and printed circular letters of the Council and Gibbons.
Scope and Content Letters from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Nicholas Dietz, James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop John Glennon, and Frederick P. Kenkel to Peter E. Dietz; concerning Dietz's work in support of organized labor and his interest in social service and social reform; with material on the Militia of Christ and the American Federation of Labor. Also correspondence between Dietz and officers of the Catholic Central Verein concerning cooperation between the Verein and the American Federation of...
Scope and Content Correspondence, mostly of the Seton Family, 1782-1908, including among their correspondents James Cardinal Gibbons and Bishop Winand M. Wigger; photographs, clippings, pamphlets and sermons; St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's prayer book and Robert Seton's diaries and books; paintings and family lithographs; an expense account book, a family genealogy, a book of sermons, and four notice books of St. Joseph Church, New Jersey, 1880-1899. ...
Scope and Content Letters, 1828-1930, from the United States to the central council at Paris (27 reels of microfilm) arranged by diocese; and letters to and minutes of the central council at Lyon, 1822-1900, arranged chronologically (15 reels of microfilm). Correspondents include many members of the American hierarchy, among them Joseph Sadoc Alemany, August M. Blanchet, Francis Norbert Blanchet, Timothy Corbett, Joseph Fréri, Henry Granjon, John Baptist Lamy, Joseph P. Macheboeuf, Augustus M....
Scope and Contents Letters received from donors regarding the Jubilee of Father Sorin (1888) and the fundraising for a memorial statue to Father Sorin (1905-1906). Letters were received by Professors Orville Chamberlain and J. A. Lyons, James Cardinal Gibbons, John Zahm, CSC, William J. Marr, CSC, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Thomas E. Walsh, CSC, and William Corby, CSC, from friends of the University.
- Names: Gibbons, James, 1834-1921. X
- Letters. 5
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- United States 2
- Church and social problems -- Catholic Church 2
- Americanism (Catholic controversy) 1
- Catechisms 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- History 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Diaries 1
- Franciscans -- Missions 1
- Indians of North America -- History 1
- Labor movement -- United States 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- Microfilm 1
- Missions -- African Americans 1
- National Catholic Welfare Conference -- History 1
- Papers 1
- Potawatomi Indians -- History 1 ∧ less
- French 3
- Italian 2
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Bayley, James Roosevelt, 1814-1877. 2
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935. 2
- Ireland, John, 1838-1918. 2
- Keane, John J. (John Joseph), 1839-1918. 2
- Sorin, Edward. 2
- Alemany, Joseph Sadoc, 1814-1888. 1
- American Federation of Catholic Societies 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Blanchet, Augustine Magloire Alexander, 1797-1887. 1
- Blanchet, Francis Norbert, 1795-1883. 1
- Brent, Daniel, 1774-1841. 1
- Brent, John Carroll. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of St. Paul (Minn.). 1
- Chamberlain, Orville T. ( Orville Tryon), 1841-1929. 1
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, 1768-1836. 1 ∧ less