Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Catholic Literature for Children Collection
Scope and Content Chiefly story books written by brothers of the Congregation of Holy Cross telling the lives of saints; with some books about priests, sisters, classical composers, sports heroes, and other exemplary Catholics; also books for children by other Catholic authors brought out by other publishers, including standard Catholic readers dating from 1909; and a dozen illustrated pamphlets, most of them by Daniel A. Lord, SJ, teaching children about prayers, liturgy, and sacraments.
Charles M. Carey Photographs
Scope and Content Chiefly photographs of scenes and individuals associated with the University of Notre Dame or with the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Congregation of Holy Cross Priests Collection
Scope and Content Correspondence of Holy Cross fathers Peter P. Cooney, William Corby, James M. Dillon, Gilbert Francais, Julius A. Freré, and Basil Anthony Moreau; last wills (1844- 1861), manuscripts of poems, sermons, and speeches, instructions from superiors, military service records, notebooks, and other papers of many Holy Cross priests at Notre Dame.
Congregation of Holy Cross Records
Scope and Content Correspondence, reports, constitutions, directories, publications, documentation of meetings, records of activities and institutions, representing the general adminstration of the congregation as it interacted with its provinces, institutions, and members, and with bishops and the Vatican.
James J. French Letters received
Scope and Content Letters received by Father French, most of them concerning the Bengal Mission in Dacca. Correspondents include Timothy Crowley, CSC, Bishop of Dacca, 1929-1945, and John Hennessy, CSC, a missionary stationed at Dacca.
Scope and Content Records of the Congregation of Holy Cross at Notre Dame, and other records having to do with people associated with Notre Dame.
Notre Dame Scrapbook F
Scope and Content Scrapbook dating from 1898 containing photographs of schools run by the Congregation of Holy Cross, including St. Edward's University in Austin, Texas; St. Mary's Academy in Austin, Texas; Holy Cross College in New Orleans; and the University of Notre Dame.
William J. Doheny Papers
Scope and Content Circular letters of the Holy Cross Provincial (Indiana Province), 1925-1948, and Superior General, 1908-1946; canon law cases, 1920s-1940s; correspondence and reports of the Committee on Studies, Moreau Seminary, 1937-1941; report "Peter's Pence, Catholic University and Foreign Missions Collections," 1930s; program from his Golden Jubilee, 1974; and pamphlets he collected.
- Names: Congregation of Holy Cross. X
- Baptism 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Canon law 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Children's literature 1
- Church property (Canon law) 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Confession (Canon law) 1
- Genealogies 1
- Juvenile literature 1
- Letters. 1
- Missions -- Bengal 1
- Notebooks. 1
- Poems. 1
- Saints -- Biography -- Juvenile works. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- History. 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Latin 1
- University of Notre Dame 3
- Brothers of Holy Cross. 1
- Carey, Charles Michael, 1908- 1
- Cooney, Peter Paul, 1822-1905. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Crowley, Timothy, 1880-1945. 1
- Dillon, James M., 1833-1869. 1
- Doheny, William J. (William Joseph), 1898-1982. 1
- Dujarie Press. 1
- Ernest, Brother, C.S.C., 1897-1963. 1
- Francais, Gilbert, 1849-1929. 1
- French, James J., 1859-1941. 1
- Freré, Julius A., 1820-1892. 1
- Hennessy, John J., 1879-1965. 1
- Holy Cross College (New Orleans, La.) 1
- Lord, Daniel A. (Daniel Aloysius), 1888-1955. 1
- Moreau Seminary (Notre Dame, Ind.) 1
- Moreau, Basil Anthony, 1799-1873. 1
- Ryan, Brother, C.S.C., 1897-1963. 1 ∧ less