Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Scope and Content Correspondence and manuscripts of speeches given by Morrissey during his tenure as president of the University of Notre Dame (1893-1905).
Scope and Content Correspondence with Joyce Kilmer, John Ayscough, Wilfrid Meynell, Thomas Walsh, John O'Hara, CSC, Charles Phillips, Joseph J. Boyle, CSC, and others, 1889-1940; manuscripts of O'Donnell's doctoral dissertation, The Prose of Francis Thompson; student Mass books, 1909-1916; class record books; class lecture notes; unpublished poems and a notebook of poetry; lectures and sermons; clippings on the death of Joyce Kilmer; and pamphlets.
Scope and Content Correspondence or copies of correspondence from Stephen T. Badin, Julian Benoit, and various American bishops regarding local and university legal and religious matters; letters to Vicar General Augustus Mary Martin at Terre Haute, Indiana, and Saint Theodore Guerin, Mother Superior of the Sisters of Providence at St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana; writings, meditations, instructions; a statement by Sorin on the relationship between the sisters at Notre Dame and those at St. Mary's College (1876)...
Dates: 1836-1991 (bulk 1839-1893).
Scope and Content Correspondence with Matthew Harkins, Bishop of Providence, William Stang, Bishop of Fall River, Daniel F. Feehan, Bishop of Fall River, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, President of the University of Notre Dame, and others, 1878-1916; and clippings concerning Coyle's work, 1880s-1910s.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1908-1960; sermons, lectures and editorials by O'Hara; clippings about him; notes taken by him; class records, 1917-1931; excerpts from the diary of his sister Elizabeth O'Hara, 1940-1951; correspondence, press releases, and clippings concerning his role as military delegate of the armed forces of the United States, 1940-1945; photographs, pamphlets, and medals. Also microfilm of clippings concerning Theodore Roosevelt's trip to South America with John A. Zahm, CSC,...
Scope and Content Correspondence with members of the Joseph Kennedy family (Rose, Edward, Jacqueline, Joe, and Kathleen), clippings, a plaque given Cavanaugh by the Commerce Council, a scrapbook from the testimonial for Cavanaugh by the Notre Dame Club, Los Angeles, 1952, a copy of the homily delivered by Father Hesburgh at Cavanaugh's funeral, and photographs.
Scope and Content Personal correspondence, much of it concerning life at Notre Dame, 1891-1935; correspondence concerning Rhodes Scholarships, 1911-1914, Laetare Medals, 1908-1919, Cavanaugh's work with the Liquor Control Board of the State of Indiana, 1933-1934, and his work in the preparation of Knute Rockne's autobiography, 1931; correspondence of Joseph Burke, CSC, concerning Cavanaugh's death, 1935; Cavanaugh's diary, 1908; his sermons, speeches, class notes, writings, clippings and scrapbook; a draft of...
Scope and Content Audio cassettes containing interviews conducted by Michael O'Brien as part of the research for his 1998 biography of Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC.
Scope and Contents Records of Rev. Richard Warner, Counselor to the President of Notre Dame and Director of Campus Ministry, including audio-visual material, photographs, and printed material.
Scope and Contents Records representing the administration of John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., as President of the University of Notre Dame, including videos, digital data, photographs, and objects.
Scope and Contents Records of Notre Dame's Senior Executive Assistant and Counselor to the President James McDonald, C.S.C., including audio-visual material, photographs, and objects.
Scope and Contents The first part of the collection (boxes 134-215) consists of three series: Student Employment, 1906-07 & 1909-11 (boxes 152,153,209,212) Concerts, Lectures, Films, & Movies, ca.1911-20 (boxes 213-215) General Correspondence, ca.1905-1911 (boxes 134-211) Scattered Cavanaugh correspondence for 1905-06 may be found in in UPEL 115-133/. The bulk of the correspondence in this part of the collection dates 1906-11, though there are some runs as early as 1904 and as late as 1912,...
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1862-1897; sermons, 1887-1897; clippings on the Corby family; records of financial services rendered Civil War soldiers, 1862-1865; a manuscript in which an unnamed regular army officer writes about chaplains he knew in the Army of the Potomac, 1864; and printed material concerning Corby, his death, and the monuments erected in his honor at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and at the University of Notre Dame.
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. 12
- Letters. 6
- University records 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Sermons. 3
- Funeral sermons. 2
- Laetare Medal 2
- Rhodes scholarships 2
- Academic freedom -- United States 1
- Cardinals -- United States -- Biography 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- College presidents -- Indiana 1
- College presidents -- Indiana -- South Bend -- Inauguration 1
- College presidents -- United States 1
- Diaries 1
- Lecture notes. 1
- Liquor laws 1
- St. Mary's College, (Notre Dame, Ind.) -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Administration. 1 ∧ less
- English 12
- Undetermined 1
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935. 3
- O'Hara, John F. (John Francis), 1888-1960. 2
- Rockne, Knute, 1888-1931 2
- University of Notre Dame. Office of the President. 2
- Ayscough, John, 1858-1928. 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Benoit, Julian, 1808-1885. 1
- Boyle, Joseph J., 1882-1936. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.). 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Buffalo (N.Y.). 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph 1899-1979). 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph), 1899-1979. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Coyle, James, 1850-1931. 1
- DeSeille, Louis d. 1838 1
- Feehan, Daniel F. (Daniel Francis), 1855-1934. 1
- Gillespie, Angela, 1824-1887. 1
- Guerin, Theodore, Mother, 1798-1856. 1
- Harkins, Matthew, 1845-1921. 1
- Hesburgh, Theodore Martin, 1917- 1 ∧ less