Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Scope and Content Correspondence; manuscripts of his History of Notre Dame, Life of J.W. Cavanaugh, Life of James French, and Life of John F. O'Hara; research material used in his works; James Corbett's typewritten History of Notre Dame, used by Hope; yearly chronicles of Notre Dame life prepared by Hope, 1955-1961; and photographs.
Scope and Content Scrapbook compiled by Clarence and Mabel Powell concerning Notre Dame midshipmen in World War II. The Powells claimed to have hosted 150 midshipmen from Notre Dame at their home in Mishawaka, Indiana. Includes newspaper clippings, correspondence, and photos sent by the midshipmen to the Powells.
Scope and Content Lists of members with names and dates of the community's deceased, of members taking the habit, and of members making religious profession; a general census of the University of Notre Dame; minute books from meetings of the Local Council (1842-1925), the Provincial Council, and the annual Provincial Chapter (1857-1945); minute books from other local organizations such as the Council of Brothers, the Council of Trades, the Council of Professors, and the Council of the Prefects of Discipline;...
Scope and Content Correspondence of Holy Cross fathers Peter P. Cooney, William Corby, James M. Dillon, Gilbert Francais, Julius A. Freré, and Basil Anthony Moreau; last wills (1844- 1861), manuscripts of poems, sermons, and speeches, instructions from superiors, military service records, notebooks, and other papers of many Holy Cross priests at Notre Dame.
Scope and Content Research files and by-products of research into the history of the Lourdes Grotto at the University of Notre Dame and similar grottos at Saint Mary's College and in South Bend; also files on untimely deaths at the University of Notre Dame
Scope and Content Correspondence or copies of correspondence from Stephen T. Badin, Julian Benoit, and various American bishops regarding local and university legal and religious matters; letters to Vicar General Augustus Mary Martin at Terre Haute, Indiana, and Saint Theodore Guerin, Mother Superior of the Sisters of Providence at St. Mary of the Woods, Indiana; writings, meditations, instructions; a statement by Sorin on the relationship between the sisters at Notre Dame and those at St. Mary's College (1876)...
Dates: 1836-1991 (bulk 1839-1893).
Scope and Content Correspondence, agenda, minutes, reports, newsletters, and constitutions for the Academic Council, 1966-1976; American Association of University Professors, 1971-1976; Arts and Letters Advisory Committee, 1974-1975; Campus Honor Committee, 1972-1973; Dean's Committee on Collegiate Development, 1971-1972; English Department, 1968-1972; Graduate Council, 1967-1968; Honor System at Notre Dame, 1963-1970; Humanities Committee, 1971-1972; and the Student Life Council, 1969-1971; concerning revision...
Scope and Content Correspondence, minutes, reports, and printed material, 1940-1982, from his active involvement in religious organizations, including the Catholic Commission on Intellectual and Cultural Life, Albertus Magnus Guild, Pax Romana, and Catholic Association for International Peace; professional organizations, including the National Academy of Science, American Chemical Society, and Argonne Universities Association; campus organizations, including and the University of Notre Dame Research Council, the...
Scope and Content Clippings of literary events and reviews of plays at Notre Dame, 1858-1885; scrapbooks of dramatic performances at Notre Dame celebrating Washington's birthday, Founder's Day (St Edward's Day), and St Patrick's Day; records of Notre Dame students in the Junior Department, their classes and extracurricular activities; manuscripts of works by Lyons; ribbons, awards, authorizations, and copyright certificates granted Lyons; and correspondence, 1861-1888.
Scope and Contents Material concerning the 1924 riot in South Bend, Indiana, between Notre Dame students and the Ku Klux Klan specifically; and the Ku Klux Klan and Notre Dame, in Indiana and in the USA more generally.
Scope and Content Correspondence and court papers accumulated by Hellrung regarding the adoption of an official Notre Dame class ring in 1930 and his testimony in the John Roberts Manufacturing Company's 1956 suit against the University.
Dates: 1956-1980, (bulk 1956-1957).
Scope and Content Material concerning the commemoration of Fr. Sorin's birth in Ahuillé, France. The commemoration took place in Ahuillé on 14 September 1978, with Father Theodore Hesburgh, CSC, participating. Consists of correspondence received by the Archives in connection with the event; Hesburgh's speech at the commemoration; and xerox copies of newspaper articles concerning the event.
- Subject: University of Notre Dame -- History. X
- University of Notre Dame -- History. 8
- Letters. 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- University of Notre Dame -- History 2
- Anti-Catholicism -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Christian shrines -- Indiana -- Notre Dame 1
- Christians -- Intellectual life 1
- College teachers -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States 1
- Genealogies. 1
- Humanities -- Study and teaching -- United States 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) -- Indiana -- History 1
- Mary, Blessed Virgin, Saint -- Shrines -- Indiana -- Notre Dame 1
- Midshipmen -- History 1
- Monasticism and religious orders -- United States -- History 1
- Notebooks. 1
- Obituaries. 1
- Petroleum industry and trade 1
- Poems. 1
- St. Mary's College, (Notre Dame, Ind.) -- History. 1 ∧ less
- English 11
- French 2
- Latin 1
- Undetermined 1
- Sorin, Edward. 3
- University of Notre Dame 2
- Albertus Magnus Guild. 1
- American Association of University Professors 1
- American Chemical Society. 1
- Argonne Universities Association. 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Benoit, Julian, 1808-1885. 1
- Catholic Association for International Peace. 1
- Catholic Commission on Intellectual and Cultural Affairs (U. S.) 1
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. Indiana Province 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. Indiana Province. 1
- Cooney, Peter Paul, 1822-1905. 1
- Corbett, James A. (James Arthur) 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Corson, Dorothy V. 1
- DeSeille, Louis d. 1838 1
- Dillon, James M., 1833-1869. 1 ∧ less