Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Scope and Content Letters and cards from William A. Moloney, CSC, to Edyth Spalding; a copy of St. Patrick's Church Bulletin, 19 uly 1931, announcing that Fr. Moloney will leave the parish; printed material concerning the death of Fr. Moloney; and printed ephemera concerning the Bengal missions of the Congregation of Holy Cross.
Scope and Content Mostly clippings and scrapbooks concerning Peter A. Gushurst, pioneer businessman in Lead, South Dakota, his wife Josphine Gushurst, and their son Fred Gushurst, football star at the University of Notre Dame, 1912-1914, and businessman in Denver, Colorado.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1943-1957; funeral sermons for John Cushing, F.T. Wenninger, and John J. O'Brien; itineraries; college football clippings; and University of Notre Dame religious bulletins, 1933-1952.
Scope and Content Digital images from the Dance Company of Notre Dame, 2006-2009; and Notre Dame football game scenes, 2009-2012, representing games against Southern Califormia, Boston College, Navy, the University of Connecticut, Purdue, Michigan, Miami, Stanford, Brigham Young, and Pittsburgh. Also related audio-visual material.
Scope and Content Rockne's chemistry workbook and gradebook, 1917-1918; his annotated copy of a book he wrote and printed for the benefit of the Notre Dame football team, Football Notes ; printouts from ancestry.com of records of Knute Rockne in the 1910 and 1920 US Census and in various passenger lists, 1920s; papers regarding Rockne family legal matters, 1959-1981; mimeographed transcript of Rockne Speech to the Western Company, Chicago, 1929; a typewritten manuscript of a story...
Scope and Content Photocopy of a manuscript of a chapter from The Fighting Spirit : a Championship Season at Notre Dame by Lou Holtz with John Heisler. (New York: Pocket Books, c1989) concerning the football team's visit to the Reagan White House 18 January 1989.
Scope and Content Research files from his years as a graduate student at Berkeley, concerning Arthur Koestler and the Spanish Civil War, including his dissertation; files concerning his work as a professor at Indiana University, including course files, the dossier assembled in support of his review for promotion to full professor, and course evaluations; files from his time as a sports writer, including printed material, clippings, and manuscripts concerning soccer; files representing his academic publications,...
Scope and Contents Photographs of Notre Dame faculty, students and administrators; student organizations and government leaders; campus buildings and landscape; classroom, dining hall, and dorm scenes; campus events such as commencements, conferences, and student demonstrations and protests; ROTC and World War II military training; religious ceremonies and other activities relating to the Congregation of Holy Cross; players, coaches, and game scenes in football, basketball, baseball, and other sports; and other...
Dates: [circa 1867]-ongoing (bulk 1950-1979).
Scope and Content The records in this collection document some of the day-to-day details of the planning and construction of Notre Dame Stadium from 1929 to 1930. Although incomplete, the records offer details of a range of the decisions made as the plans for the Stadium were conceived and executed. The records reveal changes made during the construction phase, as well as decisions that were reached about various construction details. The collection does not contain the architectural blue prints or specification...
Dates: ca. 1922-1956 (bulk 1929-1930).
Scope and Content Personal letters that Guilka, a teenage Notre Dame fan from Ashville, North Carolina, received from most of the members of the 1945-1946 Notre Dame football team in response to a letter of sympathy from her; also a scrapbook and memorabilia concerning Notre Dame football during the same years.
- University of Notre Dame -- Football -- History 8
- University of Notre Dame -- Football -- History -- Photographs. 2
- University of Notre Dame -- Photographs. 2
- College sports -- Economic aspects -- United States 1
- College sports -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States 1
- College sports -- Photographs 1
- College sports -- United States -- History 1
- College sports -- United States -- Organization and administration 1
- Football 1
- Letters 1
- Notre Dame Stadium (Notre Dame, Ind.) -- History 1
- Photographs -- Collections 1
- Students and war -- Photographs. 1
- Universities and colleges -- United States -- Administration. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Alumni. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Photograph collection. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Students -- Photographs. 1
- University records 1 ∧ less
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish (Football team) 2
- Rockne, Knute, 1888-1931 2
- Bangalore (India) -- Church history -- 20th century 1
- Catholic Church -- India -- Bangalore -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Congregation of Holy Cross. Indian province. Bangalore (India). 1
- Cushing, John D., 1922- 1
- Dance Company of Notre Dame 1
- Eisenstein, Sergei, 1898-1948. 1
- Guilka, Therese. 1
- Gushurst family. 1
- Gushurst, Frederick W. (Frederick William). 1
- Gushurst, Josephine, 1861?-1962. 1
- Gushurst, Peter A., 1853-1955. 1
- Heisler, John 1
- Holtz, Lou 1
- Kenna, Howard J., 1901-1973 1
- Koestler, Arthur. 1
- Missions -- India -- Bangalore -- History -- 20th century. 1
- Moloney, William A., 1869-1935 1
- O'Brien, John J., 1871-1946 1 ∧ less