Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: MSN/CW 5057
Abstract More than one hundred letters written during the Civil War by two brothers serving in the Confederate army, Sgt. William Lafayette Barrier (1st North Carolina Cavalry) and Col. Rufus Barrier (8th North Carolina Infantry). The letters are mostly directed to the brothers' father, Mathias Barrier, in Mt. Pleasant, Cabarrus County, North Carolina.
Dates: 1861-1868; Majority of material found in ( 1861-1865)
Identifier: MSN/CW 5043
Abstract A Civil War family correspondence of 19 letters occasioned by the Confederate States military service of Jesse Albert Shipman, Co. G, 1st North Carolina Cavalry. The Shipmans were from Henderson County, in the North Carolina highlands.
- Cabarrus County (N.C.) -- History 1
- English language -- Dialects -- Southern States 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- North Carolina -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives, Confederate 1
- Barrier, Rufus A. (Rufus Alexander), 1836-1876 1
- Barrier, William L. (William Lafayette), 1834-1864 1
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 8th 1
- Shipman, Andrew Robinson, ca. 1820-1906 1
- Shipman, Jesse Albert, ca. 1843-1863 1