Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: MSN/EA 1506
Abstract Much of this collection consists of incoming business correspondence to officers and directors of the Boston and Providence Railroad and its branches, written in the 1830s, 40s, and 50s.
Dates: 1832-1912; Majority of material found within
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0085
Abstract A collection of postcards and photographs of Cristero Rebellion (1926-1929) martyrs. Portrait-style images of high-profile martyrs, many of whom have been canonized or beatified by the Catholic Church, predominate, though the collection also includes images of executions and funeral processions.
Dates: circa 1926-1929
Identifier: EPH 5004
Abstract Collection of magazines, clippings, dust jackets, and other ephemera containing illustrations of Edward Gorey. Also includes book catalogs, profiles of Gorey, and reviews of Gorey works.
Identifier: MSE/REE 0036
Scope and Contents The Barabtarlo Collection consists of letters, postcards, emails, manuscripts, photographs, audiocassettes, and videocassettes. These items were collected by Gennady Barabtarlo over the course of his association with the Nabokov Family and with Alexander Asarkan.
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0091
Scope and Contents This collection documents the activities of Hugo Achugar. It contains records of Achugar's professional and academic career, including articles and article drafts; notes; lecture materials; poetry; conference materials; research files; notebooks; calendars; and Achugar's personal library. Also included with the collection are correspondence, photographs, and Achugar's own collegiate coursework. Significant topics represented in these files are poetry; Blanca Luz Brum (1905-1985); and Latin...
Dates: 1933, 1957, 1961-1964, 1969, 1973-2016
Identifier: MSN/MN 0511
Scope and Contents This collection chiefly consists of the correspondence of Mary Taussig Hall. Early letters (circa 1920s) to and from Mary Taussig Hall frequently concern her family, travels, and studies. Later (1930s-) topics of note include her family and social life, travels, and growing interest in social work and political causes. Most correspondence is with family and friends though professional correspondence is also present. Mary’s time at Hull House is well-described, as is a Depression-era job search...
Dates: 1855 - 1998; Majority of material found within 1928 - 1960
Identifier: MSN/MN 10027
Scope and Contents This collection details the writings and activities of Peter Michelson, an American poet and professor teaching at several universities around the United States. It contains records of his professional and academic career, including articles, article drafts, and related research; poetry and related drafts; monograph manuscripts, manuscript drafts, and related materials; and teaching materials and student papers. Also included in the collection are professional and personal correspondence,...
Dates: 1967 - 2016
Identifier: MSN/MN 10034
Scope and Contents This collection centers on the familial correspondence of Clifford Wicker Buydden, Wade James Buydden, Rachel Reno Wicker, and other members of the Wicker and Buydden families in the early twentieth century. Over a third of the collection is devoted to courtship correspondence between Clifford Wicker Buydden and Wade James Buydden. Of particular note within the collection are Clifford’s manuscript on health and food, Wade’s college application materials, Wade’s letters from Masonic...
Dates: 1898 - 1919; Majority of material found within 1901 - 1909
- Manuscripts (documents) 6
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Drawings (visual works) 3
- Pamphlets 3
- Brochures 2
- Christmas cards 2
- Color photographs 2
- Correspondence 2
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Greeting cards 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Postcards 2
- Aesthetics of Pornography, The 1
- African American Children -- Ohio -- Dayton -- 20th century 1
- African American Families -- Ohio -- 20th century 1
- African American Freemasons -- Ohio -- 20th century 1
- African American Lawyers -- Ohio -- Dayton -- 20th century 1
- African American couples -- Social life and customs -- History -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Achugar, Hugo, 1944- 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- Asarkan, Alexander, 1930-2004 1
- Asociación Católica de la Juventud Mexicana 1
- Barabtarlo, Gennady, 1949- 1
- Boston and Providence Railroad Corporation 1
- Brum, Blanca Luz 1
- Bryn Mawr College 1
- Buydden family 1
- Buydden, Clifford Wicker, 1881-1918 1
- Buydden, Wade James, 1876-1949 1
- González Flores, Anacleto, 1888-1927 1
- Gorey, Edward, 1925-2000 1
- Hall, Mary Taussig, 1911-2015 1
- Hull-House (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Jane Addams Peace Association 1
- Michelson, Peter 1
- Nabokov, Dmitri 1
- Nabokov, Vladimir Vladimirovich, 1899-1977 1
- Nabokova, Vera 1 ∧ less