Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Scope and Content Correspondence (1842-1885), poetry, sermons, and printed material including a copy of his book La Thebaïde en Amérique: ou Apologie de la vie Solitaire et Contemplative (1852).
Scope and Content Records of the Archdiocesan School Board (1968-1978) and material from the Archdiocesan Media Center and Justice Lending Library; occasional letters from Bishops Quarter, Van de Velde, O'Regan, Duggan, Foley, Feehan, and Quigley, and from Auxiliary Bishop Alexander J. McGavick and Bishop John McMullen, vicar general (1877-1879) and administrator (1879-1880) of the diocese; manuscripts by Bishop O'Regan, including a sermon on Immaculate Conception and a Biblical exegesis; and photostats of...
Scope and Content Letters, pamphlets, clippings and manuscripts of speeches and sermons, with material concerning a riot in 1844 over the version of the Bible to be used in public schools, the Eucharistic Convention held in Philadelphia in 1899 sponsored by the Priests' Eucharistic League, and the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. Correspondents include the prelates of the diocese in the 19th century and laymen. Also typed copies and photostats of German letters, 1891- 1892,...
Scope and Content Correspondence of bishops of Vincennes (1796-1897), including Simon Gabriel Bruté (1835-1839) and Celestine de la Hailandiere (1810-1875); sermons of Hailandiere (1826- 1836); historical notes by Hailandiere; papers from Hailandiere's seminary days at St. Germain, Rennes, France; journal of Jean F. Rivet (1799-1803), papers of Pierre Gibault, and an article on Anthony Fourcher, all early missionary priests; and 19th- and 20th-century printed material and transcriptions of correspondence. ...
Dates: ca. 1750-1940 (bulk 1796-1897).
Scope and Content Correspondence with members of the Joseph Kennedy family (Rose, Edward, Jacqueline, Joe, and Kathleen), clippings, a plaque given Cavanaugh by the Commerce Council, a scrapbook from the testimonial for Cavanaugh by the Notre Dame Club, Los Angeles, 1952, a copy of the homily delivered by Father Hesburgh at Cavanaugh's funeral, and photographs.
Scope and Content Personal correspondence, much of it concerning life at Notre Dame, 1891-1935; correspondence concerning Rhodes Scholarships, 1911-1914, Laetare Medals, 1908-1919, Cavanaugh's work with the Liquor Control Board of the State of Indiana, 1933-1934, and his work in the preparation of Knute Rockne's autobiography, 1931; correspondence of Joseph Burke, CSC, concerning Cavanaugh's death, 1935; Cavanaugh's diary, 1908; his sermons, speeches, class notes, writings, clippings and scrapbook; a draft of...
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1855-1904; Cooney's sermons and speeches; his Civil War diary, 1864-1865; manuscripts of his works, 1861-1890; a notebook describing his tour of the United States to collect material on the role of Catholic chaplains and nuns in the Civil War, 1890; clippings he collected on the Civil War, Ireland, and temperance; and printed matter including Child's Recollection of General Grant (1885) and a map of the Chickamauga battle field, 1886. Records of the American...
Scope and Content Correspondence (1904-1935); newspaper clippings; manuscripts of sermons; and three scrapbooks.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1862-1897; sermons, 1887-1897; clippings on the Corby family; records of financial services rendered Civil War soldiers, 1862-1865; a manuscript in which an unnamed regular army officer writes about chaplains he knew in the Army of the Potomac, 1864; and printed material concerning Corby, his death, and the monuments erected in his honor at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and at the University of Notre Dame.
- Sermons. 8
- Clippings (information artifacts) 4
- University of Notre Dame -- Presidents. 3
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 2
- Diaries 2
- Anti-Catholicism 1
- Catholic education -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Chaplains, Military -- Catholic Church 1
- Choctaw Indians -- Missions 1
- College presidents -- United States 1
- Funeral sermons. 1
- Indiana -- Church history 1
- Laetare Medal 1
- Liquor laws 1
- Poems. 1
- Protestants -- United States 1
- Rhodes scholarships 1
- Riots -- Pennsylvania -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. 1
- American Tract Society. 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) -- Trustees. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Vincennes (Ind.) 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph 1899-1979). 1
- Cavanaugh, John J. (John Joseph), 1899-1979. 1
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935. 1
- Chartard, Francis Silas, 1834-1918. 1
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842. 1
- Cooney, Peter Paul, 1822-1905. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- De la Hailandiere, Celestine 1798-1882. 1
- Duggan, James, 1825-1899 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814. 1
- Feehan, Patrick Augustine, 1829-1902 1
- Flaget, Benedict Joseph, 1763-1850. 1 ∧ less