Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content Correspondence and copies of correspondence, including three autographs of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, several autographs of Archbishop John Carroll, and correspondence of Bishop John Cheverus of Boston, Bishop Michael Egan of Philadelphia, Daniel Brent, John Carroll Brent, and Howes Goldsborough of Easton, Maryland; diary of Archbishop Ambrose Maréchal, 1818-1827; diary and account book of Archbishop James Whitfield, 1827-1828; clippings and related material. Also microfilm of...
Dates: 1717-1960 (bulk 1800-1899).
Scope and Content Correspondence, including original letters and photostats from the Archdiocesan Archives of Boston and the National Archives. Correspondents include missionary priests Stephen Theodore Badin and John Thayer; Jean Lefebvre de Cheverus, first bishop of Boston, and Benedict Joseph Fenwick, second bishop of Boston; and Joseph M. Finotti, collector of Catholic Americana. Also records of the Tabernacle Society of the Convent of Notre-Dame, Berkeley Street, Boston (1898-1906) consisting...
Scope and Content Correspondence consisting chiefly of letters received by Bishops Edward Dominic Fenwick, O.P., and John Baptist Purcell, and representing also the first two years of the episcopacy of Archbishop William Henry Elder. Correspondents include Sylvester H. Rosecrans, who served as auxiliary bishop from 1862 to 1868; priests of the diocese; Fathers Stephen T. Badin and Edward Sorin, C.S.C.; and many members of the American hierarchy. Also miscellaneous related material, 1815-1885, including two Papal...
Dates: 1815-1963 (bulk 1815-1885)
Scope and Content Occasional correspondence of the prelates of the Diocese of New York; letters (1875-1876) received by John O'Kane Murray of New York; commemorative material having to do with the diocese; letters received by John Talbot Smith (1849-1934); a minute book of the New York Ladies' Seamen's Friend Society (1842-1847); and a book of handwritten notes (1836) by James Roosevelt Bayley (later Bishop of Newark and Archbishop of Baltimore) before he converted to Catholicism. Correspondents...
Scope and Content A few original manuscripts, but chiefly photocopies, transcriptions, and translations of correspondence and documents concerning the history of the Catholic Church in Kentucky; correspondents include missionary priest Stephen T. Badin and bishops John Baptist David, Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, Peter Joseph Lavialle, and William George McCloskey. Portraits of Catholic clergy and religious along with photographs and photomechanical prints of Catholic churches,...
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Catholic Church -- Ohio -- History -- Sources 2
- Catholic Church--Bishops--Correspondence. 2
- Letters 2
- Letters. 2
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- History 1
- Catholic Church -- Kentucky 1
- Catholic Church -- Middle West 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges 1
- Catholic Church -- United States 1
- Directories. 1
- Monasticism and religious orders 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Cincinnati (Ohio) 2
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, 1768-1836. 2
- David, John Baptist Mary, 1761-1841. 2
- Elder, William Henry, 1819-1904. 2
- Fenwick, Edward Dominic, 1768-1832. 2
- Lavialle, Peter Joseph, 1819-1867. 2
- McCloskey, William George, 1823-1909. 2
- Pius IX, Pope, 1792-1878. 2
- Pius VII, Pope, 1742-1823. 2
- Purcell, John Baptist, 1800-1883. 2
- Rosecrans, Sylvester Horton, 1827-1878. 2
- Sorin, Edward. 2
- Bacon, David William, 1815-1874. 1
- Bayley, James Roosevelt, 1814-1877. 1
- Brent, Daniel, 1774-1841. 1
- Brent, John Carroll. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Boston (Mass.) 1 ∧ less