Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0050
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the papers of the Beláustegui -Bustamante Family, centered in San Isidro, Argentina, covering four generations from Melchor Beláustegui Rodríguez to his great-granddaughter Isabel Giménez Bustamante. The majority of the collection consists of correspondence between family members and friends. Notable correspondents include Isabel Giménez Bustamante; her siblings, Rodolfo (Jr), Enrique, María Adela, and María Carlota; and her parents, Rodolfo Giménez Bustamante (Sr.)...
Identifier: MSE/EM 1000
Scope and Contents Of the 214 letters in the collection, 213 are addressed to Cardinal Lorenzo Magalotti, while the final letter is addressed to Cardinal Francesco Barberini, a nephew of both Magalotti and Pope Urban VIII (Maffeo Barberini) from Carlo de’ Medici. The collection dates from 1623, from the years preceding Magalotti’s ordination as cardinal to the months preceding his death in September 1637. One hundred and seventeen letters date to the period prior to Magalotti’s appointment as Bishop of Ferrara,...
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0080
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials forming a record of Cristina Peri Rossi's personal and professional career. Included are drafts of Peri Rossi's fiction and poetry, primarily unpublished; manuscripts and notebooks of Peri Rossi's writings; and clippings of her nonfiction wors from newspapers and magazines. There is also professional and personal correspondence, personal photographs, and academic works on Peri Rossi's writings, such as theses and dissertations. The collection also includes...
Scope and Content Copies of typewritten transcripts of documentation assembled by the Bishop Baraga Association in support of the cause for his canonization as a saint; consisting of correspondence, reports, journal and account-book entries, and invoices. Also microfilm containing correspondence, 1850s-1860s; an Indian language (Ottawa or Chippewa) catechism; an introduction to Catholicism in North America, in German, possibly written for the Leopoldine Society; and correspondence and records of...
Identifier: MSSP 2013
Scope and Contents This collection consists of the personal papers of boxer Gene Tunney. Materials cover his boxing career in the 1920s until his retirement in 1928, his marriage and honeymoon in 1928-29, and his charity work with youth groups in the 1930s and 1940s, especially the American Youth Group, of which he was chairman in 1940. The collection includes both personal and business correspondence, photographs, scrapbooks of his career, personal account books and calendars, and various boxing-related...
Dates: 1918 - 1945
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1886-1896; canonical faculties and official certificates given to Straniero, 1823-1886; Straniero's report on the state of the Catholic Church in America, "Rapporto Sullo Stato della Chiesa Cattolica negli Stati Uniti d'America," 1886; and cards, poems, and letters welcoming Straniero.
Scope and Content An inventory of material collected by Sister Helen Angela for her biography of Ireland, John of St. Paul: The Making of Archbishop Ireland; correspondence concerning the biography, 1953-1961; and clippings and a manuscript by Sister Angela concerning Ireland's work as a Civil War chaplain. Also microfilm containing notes and transcripts of letters in two different hands and clippings that span the years 1892-1905; concerning Catholic schools in America, the Spanish-American War,...
Scope and Content Chiefly correspondence, including letters written by Selinger during his years as a student at the North American College in Rome and as a teacher at St. Francis Seminary in Milwaukee to Rev. Anton Pauk of St. Louis; letters from H.J. Heuser, O.J.S. Hoog, and Bede Maler, OSB, some of them concerning Selinger's views on agnosticism; letters from rectors of the Catholic University of America John J. Keane, D.J. O'Connell, and Thomas J. Conaty; and letters from M. Cardinal Faulhaber, A. Cardinal...
- University of Notre Dame Archives 5
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 4
- Letters. 5
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Ephemera (general object genre) 2
- Postcards 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- Account books 1
- Agnosticism 1
- American Youth Day 1
- Appointment books 1
- Architects -- Argentina 1
- Argentina -- History 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1943- 1
- Articles 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, Uruguayan -- 20th century 1
- Boxers (Sports) -- Biography 1
- Boxing -- History 1
- Business records 1 ∧ less
- English 8
- French 5
- Latin 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- German 3
- Keane, John J. (John Joseph), 1839-1918. 2
- Adolph, Michael, von Althann 1
- Albrecht VI, Duke of Bavaria, 1584-1666 1
- Anselm, Kasimir, Archbishop of Mainz, 1583-1647 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Beláustegui Rodríguez, Melchor, 1811-1885 1
- Beláustegui-Bustamante Family 1
- Bertram, Adolf, 1859-1945. 1
- Bishop Baraga Association. 1
- Bustamante Beláustegui, Juana, 1864-1948 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of St. Paul (Minn.). 1
- Christine, of Lorraine, Grand Duchess, consort of Ferdinand I, Grand Duke of Tuscany, 1565-1636 1
- Conaty, Thomas James, 1847-1915. 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Elizabeth, of France, Queen, consort of Philip IV, King of Spain, 1602-1644 1
- Faulhaber, Michael von, 1869-1952. 1
- Ferdinand II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1578-1637 1
- Ferdinand III, Holy Roman Emperor, 1608-1657 1
- Ferdinand, Archbishop and Elector of Cologne, 1577-1650 1 ∧ less