Showing Collections: 121 - 130 of 130
Identifier: MSSP 0002
Scope and Contents This collection consists primarily of letters addressed to the West Philadelphia Base Ball Club during the season of 1867 with a few letters from 1866. Many items are challenge letters or letters otherwise scheduling matches. There is also a 6-page letter from the Excelsior Base Ball Club of Milford, Delaware, inquiring about a player named Fisher, who pitched for the West Philadelphia Base Ball Club and another team during the 1867 season. Most of the correspondents are from the Philadelphia...
Dates: 1866-09-01 - 1867-09-07
Identifier: MSN/MN 10034
Scope and Contents This collection centers on the familial correspondence of Clifford Wicker Buydden, Wade James Buydden, Rachel Reno Wicker, and other members of the Wicker and Buydden families in the early twentieth century. Over a third of the collection is devoted to courtship correspondence between Clifford Wicker Buydden and Wade James Buydden. Of particular note within the collection are Clifford’s manuscript on health and food, Wade’s college application materials, Wade’s letters from Masonic...
Dates: 1898 - 1919; Majority of material found within 1901 - 1909
Identifier: MSN/MN 3001
Abstract Two unrelated letters written by the major American author Willa Cather (1873-1947). The first is to a "Mr. Towne" and is dated 17 November . The second is written to Brother Emil Mohr, CSC, and is dated 7 May 1937.
Dates: 1922, 1937
Identifier: MSE/IR 1014
Abstract Letters from William Allingham of Ballyshannon to his brother John Allingham of Dublin.
Identifier: MSN/COL 8500
Abstract Five manuscript personal letters written in 1777-78 by William Beatty, Jr., an officer in the Maryland Line of Continental Troops.
Identifier: MSN/CW 5011
Abstract 9 Civil War letters written by Union private William Combs, during his service in Co. C, 14th New Hampshire Infantry. Also present is a ferrotype portrait of Combs in uniform.
Identifier: MSN/EA 5038
Abstract A collection of about 50 manuscript personal letters directed to the Lowell, Massachusetts law student William H. Anderson. Many are written from friends around Natchez, Mississippi, during the secession crisis of 1860-61.
Identifier: MSN/EA 0511
Abstract Political correspondence, family letters, and miscellaneous personal papers of William Harris Crawford, Republican of Georgia, who from 1807 to 1825 served as U. S. senator, U. S. minister to France, secretary of war, and secretary of the treasury. Crawford was also a candidate in the contentious presidential campaign of 1824. The collection includes around 175 manuscript letters, 1806-1868, and around 35 additional manuscripts.
Identifier: MSN/CW 1015
Abstract The Civil War letters, wartime manuscripts and postwar family papers of William Judson Howe (1838-1925) of Bradford County, Pennsylvania, who served in Company C of the 7th Pennsylvania Cavalry from 1862 to 1865.
Dates: 1857-1993; Majority of material found in 1861-1865
Identifier: MSN/COL 0500
Abstract A collection of documents relating to the commercial interests of William Pickering, a Salem, Massachusetts shipmaster and trader of the early eighteenth century.
- Subject: Letters (correspondence) X
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 128
- University of Notre Dame Archives 2
- Manuscripts (documents) 31
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Correspondence 31
- Clippings (information artifacts) 22
- Photographs 22
- Postcards 16
- Ephemera (general object genre) 13
- Poetry 9
- Articles 8
- Black-and-white photographs 7
- Drawings (visual works) 7
- Pamphlets 7
- Telegrams 7
- Diaries 5
- Newspapers 5
- Reports 5
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 5
- Correspondence 4
- Deeds 4
- Electronic records (digital records) 4 ∧ less
- English 120
- Spanish; Castilian 8
- French 7
- Italian 4
- Russian 3
- Confederate States of America. Army of Northern Virginia 4
- United States. Navy 3
- Confederate States of America. Army 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Cavalry Regiment, 1st 2
- Confederate States of America. Army. North Carolina Infantry Regiment, 8th 2
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 2
- Dunsany, Lord, 1878-1957 2
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950 2
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- Adolph, Michael, von Althann 1
- Ahern, M.E., (Mary Eileen), 1860-1938 1
- Aksenov, Vasilii, 1932-2009 1
- Albrecht VI, Duke of Bavaria, 1584-1666 1
- Alcott, Louisa May, 1832-1888 1
- Alekseeva, Liudmila Mikhailovna, 1927-2018 1
- Allingham, William, 1789-1866 1
- Amorim, Esther Haldo de 1
- Anderson, Leroy Hammond, 1814-1863 1
- Anderson, William H., 1836-1902 1
- Anselm, Kasimir, Archbishop of Mainz, 1583-1647 1 ∧ less