Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content Correspondence and copies of correspondence, including three autographs of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, several autographs of Archbishop John Carroll, and correspondence of Bishop John Cheverus of Boston, Bishop Michael Egan of Philadelphia, Daniel Brent, John Carroll Brent, and Howes Goldsborough of Easton, Maryland; diary of Archbishop Ambrose Maréchal, 1818-1827; diary and account book of Archbishop James Whitfield, 1827-1828; clippings and related material. Also microfilm of...
Dates: 1717-1960 (bulk 1800-1899).
Scope and Content Letters, pamphlets, clippings and manuscripts of speeches and sermons, with material concerning a riot in 1844 over the version of the Bible to be used in public schools, the Eucharistic Convention held in Philadelphia in 1899 sponsored by the Priests' Eucharistic League, and the American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. Correspondents include the prelates of the diocese in the 19th century and laymen. Also typed copies and photostats of German letters, 1891- 1892,...
Scope and Content Letters received by Spalding from bishops Guy Ignatius Chabrat, Maurice de Saint-Palais, Benedict Joseph Flaget and Francis P. Kenrick, from diocesan priests, Jesuits, and Dominicans, and from relatives; other correspondence involving people in the diocese; one letter written by Spalding to James M. Lancaster (20 December 1846); a circular letter (1858) and an undated sermon. Microfilm contains pastoral letters written by Spalding as Archbishop of Baltimore (1865-1872) and a...
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Letters. 2
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- History 1
- Catholic education -- United States -- History -- 19th century 1
- American Catholic Historical Society of Philadelphia. 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Bayley, James Roosevelt, 1814-1877. 1
- Brent, Daniel, 1774-1841. 1
- Brent, John Carroll. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore. Archbishop (1864-1872 : Spalding). 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Philadelphia (Pa.) 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Louisville. 1
- Chabrat, Guy Ignatius. 1
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, 1768-1836. 1
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842. 1
- David, John Baptist Mary, 1761-1841. 1
- Dominicans. 1
- Eccleston, Samuel, 1801-1851. 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814. 1
- Flaget, Benedict Joseph, 1763-1850. 1 ∧ less