Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content Correspondence and copies of correspondence, including three autographs of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, several autographs of Archbishop John Carroll, and correspondence of Bishop John Cheverus of Boston, Bishop Michael Egan of Philadelphia, Daniel Brent, John Carroll Brent, and Howes Goldsborough of Easton, Maryland; diary of Archbishop Ambrose Maréchal, 1818-1827; diary and account book of Archbishop James Whitfield, 1827-1828; clippings and related material. Also microfilm of...
Dates: 1717-1960 (bulk 1800-1899).
Scope and Content Correspondence with James Cardinal Gibbons, bishops John Ireland, John J. Keane, Denis O'Connell, and John Lancaster Spalding, and others, much of it concerning Americanism; also notes, clippings, pamphlets, drafts, and photographs.
Dates: 1889-1925 bulk 1897-1904.
Scope and Content An inventory of material collected by Sister Helen Angela for her biography of Ireland, John of St. Paul: The Making of Archbishop Ireland; correspondence concerning the biography, 1953-1961; and clippings and a manuscript by Sister Angela concerning Ireland's work as a Civil War chaplain. Also microfilm containing notes and transcripts of letters in two different hands and clippings that span the years 1892-1905; concerning Catholic schools in America, the Spanish-American War,...
Scope and Content Correspondence and printed circular letters of the Council and Gibbons.
Scope and Content Letters from John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Nicholas Dietz, James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop John Glennon, and Frederick P. Kenkel to Peter E. Dietz; concerning Dietz's work in support of organized labor and his interest in social service and social reform; with material on the Militia of Christ and the American Federation of Labor. Also correspondence between Dietz and officers of the Catholic Central Verein concerning cooperation between the Verein and the American Federation of...
Scope and Contents Letters received from donors regarding the Jubilee of Father Sorin (1888) and the fundraising for a memorial statue to Father Sorin (1905-1906). Letters were received by Professors Orville Chamberlain and J. A. Lyons, James Cardinal Gibbons, John Zahm, CSC, William J. Marr, CSC, John W. Cavanaugh, CSC, Thomas E. Walsh, CSC, and William Corby, CSC, from friends of the University.
- Letters. 5
- Church and social problems -- Catholic Church 2
- Clippings (information artifacts) 2
- Americanism (Catholic controversy) 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- History 1
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Labor movement -- United States 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- National Catholic Welfare Conference -- History 1
- Social reformers -- United States. 1
- Social service -- United States. 1
- University records 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Catholic Church. 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Cavanaugh, John W. (John William), 1870-1935. 2
- Ireland, John, 1838-1918. 2
- Keane, John J. (John Joseph), 1839-1918. 2
- American Federation of Catholic Societies 1
- American Federation of Labor 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Bayley, James Roosevelt, 1814-1877. 1
- Brent, Daniel, 1774-1841. 1
- Brent, John Carroll. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of St. Paul (Minn.). 1
- Chamberlain, Orville T. ( Orville Tryon), 1841-1929. 1
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, 1768-1836. 1
- Corby, William 1833-1897. 1
- David, John Baptist Mary, 1761-1841. 1
- Dietz, Nicholas. 1
- Dietz, Peter Ernest, 1878-1947. 1 ∧ less