Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content Letters sent by Bishops Loras and Hennessy; manuscripts of lectures by Bishop Loras; drawings of saints for the Dubuque Cathedral; and a Denkschrift of Adam Handl, Richmond (Washington County), Iowa, 1861.
Found in: University of Notre Dame Archives
Identifier: MSH/LAT 0080
Scope and Contents This collection consists of materials forming a record of Cristina Peri Rossi's personal and professional career. Included are drafts of Peri Rossi's fiction and poetry, primarily unpublished; manuscripts and notebooks of Peri Rossi's writings; and clippings of her nonfiction wors from newspapers and magazines. There is also professional and personal correspondence, personal photographs, and academic works on Peri Rossi's writings, such as theses and dissertations. The collection also includes...
Scope and Content Correspondence, notes, church documents, and printed material; concerning Bornemann's work as a leader of the German American Catholic Congresses and his interest in organizations of German American Catholics such as the Staatsverband Societies of Pennsylvania and Ohio, the Catholic Central Verein, and the Amerikanish Deutschen Priester Vereins. Correspondents include J.N. Enzlberger, William Faerber, Joseph Schroeder, and bishops Leo Haid, OSB, and P.J. Hurth, CSC.
Found in: University of Notre Dame Archives
Identifier: MSE/MD 3826
Abstract A series of documents and letters from Jutta Schütt, Rose Elvira Grandinetti, Nicholas Emerson Dante Russo, and others, beginning in July 1916 and ending in July 1939.
Dates: 1916 - 1939
Identifier: MSN/MN 10043
Scope and Contents The collection contains paper files from the later decades of Gümpel's career, including correspondence (notably, correspondence with Michel Huglo), transcriptions of medieval treatises, as well as notes, notebooks and index cards on various manuscripts. Near the end of his life, Gümpel was working on an edition of the anonymous 12-13th century treatise Diologus de musica, and there are many items related to this work in progress.
Dates: 1969 - 2010
Identifier: MSN/MN 5019
Abstract A collection consisting primarily of some 200 manuscript personal letters directed to Marie Balje Kimball (1873-1967) of Fulton County, New York. Included are a series of 22 letters written by a missionary friend in Turkish Armenia, 1908-10, and a series of 17 written from New York City in early 1919 by Marie Kimball's socialist and labor activist husband, Harry Kimball.
Dates: 1886-1927; Majority of material found within ( 1897-1919)
Identifier: MSN/MN 9206
Abstract A collection of research files comprised of printed ephemera, correspondence, manuscripts, audio recordings, and other materials documenting the activities and work of more than 100 conceptual artists, assembled by Robert C. Morgan during his professional career as an artist, art historian, curator, and author from 1968-2015.
Identifier: MSN/MN 0510
Abstract A collection including more than 2,500 pieces of correspondence to and from Thomas W. Cridler, mostly relating to his role as European Commissioner for the Louisiana Purchase Exposition (the St. Louis World's Fair) held in St. Louis, Missouri in 1904. Some of Cridler's correspondence is with fair administrators and U.S. diplomatic figures; some is with representatives of European nations targeted for inclusion. Also in the collection are smaller accumulations of other types of fair-related...
Dates: 1898-1911; Majority of material found in 1901-1904
- University of Notre Dame Rare Books & Special Collections 6
- University of Notre Dame Archives 2
- Correspondence 4
- Manuscripts (documents) 3
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 2
- Electronic records (digital records) 2
- Ephemera (general object genre) 2
- Letters (correspondence) 2
- Letters. 2
- Notebooks 2
- Photographs 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- Art -- Study and teaching 1
- Art, Modern -- 20th century 1
- Articles 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Authors, Uruguayan -- 20th century 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Brochures 1
- Business cards 1
- Catholic Church -- Iowa -- Dubuque 1
- Catholics, German 1 ∧ less
- English 7
- French 4
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Italian 2
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- Bornemann, George, 1838-1924. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Dubuque (Iowa) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Dubuque (Iowa). 1
- Cridler, Thomas W., (Thomas Wilbur), 1850-1914 1
- Enzlberger, Johannes Nepomuk, 1852-1907. 1
- Faerber, W. (Wilhelm), 1841-1905. 1
- Grandinetti, Rose Elvira, 1901- 1
- Gümpel, Karl-Werner, 1930-2015 1
- Handl, Adam. 1
- Hennessy, John, 1825-1900. 1
- Huglo, Michel 1
- Hurth, P. J. (Peter Joseph), 1857-1935. 1
- Kimball, Marie Balje, 1873-1967 1
- Loras, John Mathias Peter, 1792-1858. 1
- Louisiana Purchase Exposition (1904: Saint Louis, Mo.) 1
- Morgan, Robert C., 1943- 1
- Peri Rossi, Cristina, 1941- 1 ∧ less