Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Scope and Content Books, pamphlets, newspaper clippings, yearbooks, catalogues, bulletins, newsletters, and other printed material pertaining to some 400 Catholic institutions located throughout the United States, though primarily in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio; concerning educational facilities (parish schools, high schools run by dioceses and religious orders, academies, colleges, and universities); hospitals, infirmaries and sanitariums; charitable services (orphanages, asylums, mission homes, and homes for...
Scope and Content Note Correspondence with colleagues, students, college administrators, and publishers; grade lists, syllabi, student evaluations, and records from college committees and departmental activities; class notebooks from his Notre Dame courses (he received a B.A. from Notre Dame in 1960); manuscripts of books, articles, papers, and book reviews by O'Brien; and correspondence, minutes, reports, and other meeting material from his tenure on the board of The National Catholic Reporter. Files...
Scope and Content Photocopies of Hochwalt's correspondence concerning Sister Formation Conferences (1950-1964), federal aid to education (1944-1964), UNESCO (1944-1965), and the proper role of Catholic educators in the National Education Association (1947-1965); a bibliography of articles written by Hochwalt; copies of articles and speeches written by Hochwalt including a transcript of a debate between Hochwalt and Oswald CJ Hoffmann on federal aid to education, 1961; press releases of the NCWC, 1940s-1950s; a...
Scope and Content Publications of James O'Gara on Catholic social teaching, Catholic education, the Church and democracy, the renewal of the Church after the Second Vatican Council, and the role of the laity, including books, pamphlets, articles, typewritten manuscripts of talks and radio and television scripts; general correspondence and editorial correspondence for Paulist Press; and biographical files, including material from sociology courses, files on the Catholic Worker and Dorothy Day, a few folders...
Scope and Content Manuscripts of books, plays, and articles; correspondence, notes, reprints, clippings, news releases, syndicated columns, artifacts, photographs, tape recordings, and subject files; and Catholic pamphlets and books by O'Brien and others; concerning priestly celibacy, birth control, the Masons, converts, anti- Catholicism, evolution, education, and the Crusade for Souls. Most of Father O'Brien's papers and printed material (over 60 linear feet) came to the archives as part of the...
Scope and Content Manuscripts of Joseph C. Carrier's translation from volume four of Ambrose Guillois's Explication Historique, Dogmatique, Morale, Liturgique, et Canonique du Catéchism and lectures drawing on volume one of the same work, probably delivered at the University of Notre Dame circa 1870; copies of reports on educational institutions of the Congregation of Holy Cross and on Catholic education, 1872; lectures on chemistry delivered at Notre Dame in spring of 1873; copies of...
Scope and Content Copies of legalistic, detailed letters that Corcoran, a Philadelphia lawyer, sent to Archbishop John J. Krol and other Pennsylvania bishops, critiquing proposed federal policies toward education and religiously supported educational institutions.
Scope and Content Records, 1956-[ongoing], of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), including correspondence (1958-1983); meeting material from the national board and executive committee (1962-1979); papers from the group's national assembly (1961-1983); extensive subject files (1957-1984); correspondence and minutes (1964-1979) relating to joint committees of LCWR and the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and the United States Catholic Conference;...
Scope and Content Interviews, 2006-2009, with teaching priests of the Archdiocese of Louisville by Michael A. Diebold: including 26 cassette tapes containing the interviews and one book: The Anointed Servants: Teaching Priests of the Archdiocese of Louisville by Michael A. Diebold, containing transcriptions of his oral history interviews, 2009. With 13 audio compact discs with oral history interviews concerning St Thomas Seminary in Louisville, a minor seminary that operated from 1952...
Scope and Content Research material gathered by Norlene Kunkel (1931- ) for her dissertation, Bishop Bernard J. McQuaid and Catholic Education (University of Notre Dame, 1974); including a copy of her dissertation on McQuaid; copies of unpublished papers (conference papers, M.A. thesis); and photocopies of journal articles, newspaper articles, documents from other archives, and pamphlets. The photocopies of documents from other archives include nineteenth-century newspaper articles, pamphlets, and...
Dates: ca. 1870s-1974
Scope and Content Minutes, agenda, programs, reports, curricula vitae, essays, lectures, articles, book reviews, notes, lists, newsletters, brochures, circular letters, memoranda, tape recordings, photographs and correspondence; concerning the Society of Catholic College Teachers of Sacred Doctrine, College Theology Society, Fellowship of Catholic Scholars, Manresa Educational Corporation, Conference of Major Superiors of Women, Leadership Conference of Women Religious, Consortium Perfectae Caritatis, Sister...
Scope and Content Drafts of books, articles, lectures, speeches (1920-1975); notes for lectures and projects (1918-1975); correspondence (1938-1975); and printed material (1932-1960).
Scope and Content Photographs from the Catholic Educational Exhibit at the World's Columbian Exposition, 1893; with images of the exhibit space and of exhibits from Roman Catholic dioceses, religious orders, and educational institutions.
- Subject: Catholic Church -- Education X
- Catholic Church -- Education 7
- Catholic Church -- Education -- United States 3
- Anti-Catholicism 1
- Bibliographies. 1
- Birth control 1
- Catalogues. 1
- Catholic Church -- Education (Higher) 1
- Catholic Church -- Education -- Congresses 1
- Catholic Church -- Education -- United States -- History 1
- Catholic Worker Movement 1
- Catholic converts 1
- Catholic health facilities -- United States 1
- Catholic high schools -- United States 1
- Catholic hospitals -- United States 1
- Catholic schools -- United States 1
- Catholic schools -- United States -- Law and legislation 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- United States 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- United States -- History 1
- Celibacy -- Catholic Church 1
- Christian education of adults 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 1
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious of the United States. 2
- Sister Formation Conference. 2
- University of Notre Dame 2
- Call to action 1
- Cardinal Newman College. 1
- Carrier, J. C. (Joseph Charles), 1833-1904. 1
- Carrier, J. C., (Joseph Charles), 1833-1904. 1
- Catholic Biblical Association of America. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Louisville (Ky.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Washington (D.C.). Commission on Ecumenism. 1
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. 1
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Ad-Hoc Committee on Moral Values in Society. 1
- Catholic Church. Pontificia Commissio Codici Iuris Canonici Recognoscendo. 1
- Catholic-Methodist Theological Dialogue. 1
- Clark, Francis P. (Francis Patrick), 1936-1979. 1
- College Theology Society. 1
- College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, Mass.) 1
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men. 1
- Conference of Major Superiors of Women. 1
- Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. 1 ∧ less