Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content Correspondence and copies of correspondence, including three autographs of Charles Carroll of Carrollton, several autographs of Archbishop John Carroll, and correspondence of Bishop John Cheverus of Boston, Bishop Michael Egan of Philadelphia, Daniel Brent, John Carroll Brent, and Howes Goldsborough of Easton, Maryland; diary of Archbishop Ambrose Maréchal, 1818-1827; diary and account book of Archbishop James Whitfield, 1827-1828; clippings and related material. Also microfilm of...
Dates: 1717-1960 (bulk 1800-1899).
Scope and Content Correspondence, including original letters and photostats from the Archdiocesan Archives of Boston and the National Archives. Correspondents include missionary priests Stephen Theodore Badin and John Thayer; Jean Lefebvre de Cheverus, first bishop of Boston, and Benedict Joseph Fenwick, second bishop of Boston; and Joseph M. Finotti, collector of Catholic Americana. Also records of the Tabernacle Society of the Convent of Notre-Dame, Berkeley Street, Boston (1898-1906) consisting...
Scope and Content Records of the Archdiocesan School Board (1968-1978) and material from the Archdiocesan Media Center and Justice Lending Library; occasional letters from Bishops Quarter, Van de Velde, O'Regan, Duggan, Foley, Feehan, and Quigley, and from Auxiliary Bishop Alexander J. McGavick and Bishop John McMullen, vicar general (1877-1879) and administrator (1879-1880) of the diocese; manuscripts by Bishop O'Regan, including a sermon on Immaculate Conception and a Biblical exegesis; and photostats of...
Scope and Content A few original manuscripts, but chiefly photocopies, transcriptions, and translations of correspondence and documents concerning the history of the Catholic Church in Kentucky; correspondents include missionary priest Stephen T. Badin and bishops John Baptist David, Benedict Joseph Flaget, Martin John Spalding, Peter Joseph Lavialle, and William George McCloskey. Portraits of Catholic clergy and religious along with photographs and photomechanical prints of Catholic churches,...
- Letters. 3
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- History 1
- Catholic Church -- Kentucky 1
- Catholic Church -- Middle West 1
- Catholic Church -- Pastoral letters and charges 1
- Catholic Church -- United States 1
- Directories. 1
- Monasticism and religious orders 1
- Sermons. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- Buildings -- Photographs. 1 ∧ less
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 3
- Cheverus, Jean Louis Aimé Madeleine Lefebvre de, 1768-1836. 2
- David, John Baptist Mary, 1761-1841. 2
- Lavialle, Peter Joseph, 1819-1867. 2
- McCloskey, William George, 1823-1909. 2
- Bacon, David William, 1815-1874. 1
- Bayley, James Roosevelt, 1814-1877. 1
- Brent, Daniel, 1774-1841. 1
- Brent, John Carroll. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Baltimore (Md.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Boston (Mass.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Louisville (Ky.) 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Bardstown (Ky). 1
- Catholic Church. Plenary Council (2nd : 1866 : Baltimore, Md.) 1
- Clark, Francis P. (Francis Patrick), 1936-1979. 1
- Duggan, James, 1825-1899 1
- Eccleston, Samuel, 1801-1851. 1
- Egan, Michael, 1761-1814 1 ∧ less