Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content Anti-Catholic printed material and printed material concerning anti-Catholicism: books, pamphlets, leaflets, periodicals, offprints and printed ephemera.
Scope and Content Correspondence files from the Central Bureau, most of them involving Frederick P. Kenkel and dating from his term as director (1908-1952); concerning Central Verein business and Catholic topics of the day, including a large file on anti-Catholic speakers claiming to be ex-priests and nuns. Correspondents include John J. Cochran, Brother Joseph Dutton, Mary Filser Lohr, Joseph Matt, John Rothensteiner, and George Shuster, and many prominent German Catholics. Microfilm contains...
Dates: 1826-1972 (bulk 1908-1952).
Scope and Content Correspondence of bishops of Vincennes (1796-1897), including Simon Gabriel Bruté (1835-1839) and Celestine de la Hailandiere (1810-1875); sermons of Hailandiere (1826- 1836); historical notes by Hailandiere; papers from Hailandiere's seminary days at St. Germain, Rennes, France; journal of Jean F. Rivet (1799-1803), papers of Pierre Gibault, and an article on Anthony Fourcher, all early missionary priests; and 19th- and 20th-century printed material and transcriptions of correspondence. ...
Dates: ca. 1750-1940 (bulk 1796-1897).
Scope and Content Manuscripts of books, plays, and articles; correspondence, notes, reprints, clippings, news releases, syndicated columns, artifacts, photographs, tape recordings, and subject files; and Catholic pamphlets and books by O'Brien and others; concerning priestly celibacy, birth control, the Masons, converts, anti- Catholicism, evolution, education, and the Crusade for Souls. Most of Father O'Brien's papers and printed material (over 60 linear feet) came to the archives as part of the...
Scope and Contents Material concerning the 1924 riot in South Bend, Indiana, between Notre Dame students and the Ku Klux Klan specifically; and the Ku Klux Klan and Notre Dame, in Indiana and in the USA more generally.
Scope and Content A letter from Neyron to James McIntyre concerning acquaintances at Notre Dame (1866), a letter received by Neyron from Bishop M.J. Spalding of Louisville concerning Know Nothingism in Indiana (1855), and a letter from a former student at Notre Dame requesting help (1888); a fragment of a document, a lock of Neyron's hair, three surgical knives and one piece of embossed wood. Also material gathered in 1977 for a memorial service in Albany, Indiana; and one reel of microfilm...
Scope and Content Minutes (1929-1948), preliminary studies (1928-1940), reports (1926-1928), and correspondence (1941-1946) of the Texas Knights of Columbus Historical Commission; and photostats of typewritten transcripts documenting the history of Hispanic America (1671-1885). Microfilm contains records of the Texas Knights of Columbus Historical Commission (1924-1958) including correspondence, newspaper clippings, typewritten and printed articles, minutes, and contracts for research projects; and...
Scope and Content Transcript of a trial, Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Neva Miller Moss; correspondence with Russell P. Kehoe, who assisted in the prosecution of Mrs. Moss in Jeffersonville, Indiana, and with others; clippings concerning Moss's activities as an anti-Catholic lecturer; leaflets and newspapers concerning anti-Catholicism in the 1920s; and a scrapbook of clippings and correspondence from the Eucharistic Congress, 1926.
- Subject: Anti-Catholicism X
- Anti-Catholicism 5
- Letters. 4
- Anti-Catholicism -- Indiana -- History -- 20th century 1
- Anti-Catholicism -- United States 1
- Anti-Catholicism -- United States -- History 1
- Birth control 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Education 1
- Catholic Church -- Societies, etc. -- United States 1
- Catholic converts 1
- Catholics -- Texas 1
- Catholics, German 1
- Celibacy -- Catholic Church 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Evolution 1
- German Americans 1
- Imposters and imposture -- United States 1
- Indiana -- Church history 1
- Indians of North America -- Texas 1
- Irish -- Texas 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- University of Notre Dame. Archives. 2
- American Tract Society. 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 1
- Castaneda, Carlos 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. 1
- Catholic Central Verein of America. Central Bureau. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) -- Trustees. 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Vincennes (Ind.) 1
- Catholic Daughters of America 1
- Chartard, Francis Silas, 1834-1918. 1
- Cochran, John J. (John Joseph), 1880-1947. 1
- Crusade for Souls. 1
- De la Hailandiere, Celestine 1798-1882. 1
- Dolan, Thomas F. 1896- 1
- Dolan, Thomas F. Jr. 1
- Dutton, Joseph, 1843-1931. 1
- Flaget, Benedict Joseph, 1763-1850. 1
- Foik, Paul, 1879-1941 1
- Fourcher, Anthony 1741- 1 ∧ less