Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Identifier: MSN/MN 0505
Abstract Incoming letters and documents preserved by the American painter Augustus Vincent Tack, mostly relating to his tenure (1914-1915?) as treasurer of the American Oil Development Company of Pittsburgh, the Tack family business.
Dates: 1914-1923; Majority of material found within ( 1914-1915)
Identifier: MSN/MN 10025
Scope and Contents This collection chiefly consists of correspondence Cleveland Murphy received while serving in the military during the 1950s and 1960s. These include letters received from family, including his mother in Indianapolis, with news of home. He also received letters from his first wife between 1952 and 1953, discussing various personal and family matters, including her father's murder trial. The bulk of correspondence is from women Murphy dated in the late 1950s and early 1960s. In addition to their...
Dates: 1952 - 1966
Identifier: MSN/EA 0503
Abstract The personal papers and court records of the New Hampshire farmer, innkeeper, and justice of the peace John Dinsmore, Jr. (1759-1814). The greater part of the collection consists of Rockingham County court records.
Dates: 1782-circa 1920; Majority of material found within 1782-1822
Identifier: MSE/IR 1070
Abstract Correspondence and ephemera relating to Brendan Behan.
Identifier: MSN/EA 10010
Scope and Contents This collection consists of six letters sent to Stephen Curran and his son, Peter T. Curran, in the seven decades following Stephen’s emigration from County Galway, Ireland to the United States. The correspondence consist of two letters to Stephen from his father, Peter Curran, and two from Stephen’s nieces, all sent from Kilkerrin, County Galway, Ireland. The final two letters are written to Stephen’s son, Peter T. Curran, in Kinsley, Kansas, from nieces in Chicago. Also included are a United...
Dates: 1855 - 1916
Identifier: MSN/COL 2718
Abstract An accumulation of 49 single-sheet documents issuing from, or directed to, the various instruments of town government in Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts, mostly during the 18th century.
Identifier: MSN/COL 0500
Abstract A collection of documents relating to the commercial interests of William Pickering, a Salem, Massachusetts shipmaster and trader of the early eighteenth century.
- Letters (correspondence) 4
- Manuscripts (documents) 2
- African American soldiers -- Correspondence 1
- African American women -- Social Conditions -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Bills of lading 1
- Bristol County (Mass.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Business records 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Deeds 1
- Dramatists, Irish 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Ephemera (general object genre) 1
- Galway (Ireland : County) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Immigrants -- Illinois -- Morris -- Correspondence 1
- Irish -- United States -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Irish Americans -- History -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Irish Americans -- History -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Irish Americans -- Kansas -- Kinsley -- Correspondence 1
- Judicial records 1 ∧ less
- Behan, Brendan 1
- Creagh, Liam 1
- Curran, Peter T., approximately 1868-1929 1
- Curran, Stephen, 1823-approximately 1901 1
- Dinsmore, John Jr., 1759-1814 1