Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Scope and Content Correspondence, proposals, reports, surveys, mailings, ledgers, salary schedules, calendars, press releases, agenda, minutes, case studies, constitutions, contracts, retirement plans, fund-raising papers, invoices, receipts, tax returns, newsletters, and photographs; concerning diocesan and religious priests, priestly training, pastoral development, Jewish oppression, anti-Semitism, concern for the poor, abortion, battered children, black clergy, busing, celibacy, canon law, research and...
Scope and Content Memoranda, research papers, xeroxed articles, and ephemera in support of the composition and revision of the United States Bishops' Pastoral Letter on the Economy; drafts, recommendations, and amendments of the letter, correspondence among bishops, and records of committees, including the Ad Hoc Committee on Catholic Social Teaching and the U.S. Economy. Also papers, 1957-1968, representing his early work as a lay missionary in Puerto Rico; lectures and essays reflecting his interests as an...
Scope and Content Material related to the development of projects such as the United States bishops' Women's Pastoral, the reactions of bishops and others, and correspondence reflecting the climate and the work of the last quarter of the 20th century; consisting of papers, speeches, diaries, printed material, photographs, and news articles.
Scope and Content Records of Bishop Fulcher's service as a member of National Conference of Catholic Bishops in deliberations over the text of The Challenge of Peace , the Bishops' pastoral letter on war and peace (1983); consisting of drafts, bishops' responses, criticism from experts, files of pertinent articles (printed or mimeographed), and reactions from the Vatican and from scientists.
Scope and Content Schemata, quaestiones, modi, relationes, animadversiones, texti emendati, texti recogniti, votae, normae, disquisitii, allocutiones, observations, reports, liturgies, correspondence, circular letters, newsletters, notes, lists, agenda, minutes, and other documents, most of them in Latin, from the Second Vatican Council (1962- 1965), Roman synods (1967-1985), consistories of cardinals (1969-1985), and meetings of Vatican congregations, secretariats, and commissions (1962-1987); Records...
Scope and Content Records, 1956-[ongoing], of the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR), including correspondence (1958-1983); meeting material from the national board and executive committee (1962-1979); papers from the group's national assembly (1961-1983); extensive subject files (1957-1984); correspondence and minutes (1964-1979) relating to joint committees of LCWR and the Conference of Major Superiors of Men, the National Conference of Catholic Bishops, and the United States Catholic Conference;...
Scope and Content Note Correspondence, minutes, talks, and photographs; papers generated by his work as a member of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops and the United States Catholic Conference and through his involvement in many social action groups, including Pax Christi USA and Bread for the World; with material on the Michigan Catholic Conference, the war in Vietnam, the Detroit Archdiocesan Synod of 1969, and the United States Bishops' Pastoral Letter on War and Peace, The Challenge of Peace: God's...
- Feminism 2
- Abortion 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 1
- Catholic Church -- Education -- Congresses 1
- Church and social problems -- Catholic Church -- United States 1
- Economics -- Religious aspects -- Catholic Church 1
- Economists -- United States 1
- Letters 1
- Monastic and religious life of women -- Congresses 1
- Nuclear warfare -- Moral and religious aspects 1
- Peace 1
- Priests 1
- United States -- Economic conditions -- 1981- 1
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States. 1
- War -- Religious aspects -- Christianity. 1
- Women in church work. 1
- Women. 1 ∧ less
- United States Catholic Conference. 4
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Detroit (Mich.) 2
- National Catholic Welfare Conference. 2
- American Jewish Committee. 1
- American Management Association. 1
- Association of Chicago Priests 1
- Bread for the World (Organization). 1
- Catholic Church. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Ad Hoc Committee on Catholic Social Teaching and the U.S. Economy. 1
- Catholic Church. United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. 1
- Cody, John Patrick. 1
- Conference of Major Superiors of Men. 1
- Dearden, John F. (John Francis), 1907-1988. 1
- Fulcher, George Avis 1
- Greeley, Andrew, 1928- 1
- Gumbleton, Thomas J. 1
- International Commission on English in the Liturgy. 1
- Leadership Conference of Women Religious of the United States. 1
- Leckey, Dolores R. 1
- Michigan Catholic Conference. 1 ∧ less