Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1941-1955; copies of letters from John Tracy Ellis, 1927-1970, and of a memoir by Ellis; sermons and writings by Cardinal; correspondence, minutes, and printed material from such organizations as NCCJ, 1940s-1950s, Catholic Youth Organization (CYO), 1943-1954, and Sheil School, 1943-1954; Cardinal's subject files concerning brotherhood (1930s-1960s), American Catholic history (1920s), youth, adult education, and Bishop Bernard Sheil; printed material on anti-semitism...
Scope and Content Correspondence to, from, and mentioning Pierz, including four letters to Bishop Frederick Résé of Detroit (in German 1837-1839); 48 letters to Bishop Peter Lefevre of Detroit (in French and English) which include mission reports from Arbre Croche, Michigan, (1842-1852); summaries of letters from Bishop Lefevre to Pierz (1835-1853); and letters mentioning Pierz from records of the Diocese of Detroit (1840) and the Archdiocese of Cincinnati (1854) and from the papers of Richard Henry Clarke...
Scope and Content Copies of typewritten transcripts of documentation assembled by the Bishop Baraga Association in support of the cause for his canonization as a saint; consisting of correspondence, reports, journal and account-book entries, and invoices. Also microfilm containing correspondence, 1850s-1860s; an Indian language (Ottawa or Chippewa) catechism; an introduction to Catholicism in North America, in German, possibly written for the Leopoldine Society; and correspondence and records of...
Scope and Content Correspondence (1882-1887) involving Bishop Martin Marty, OSB, Edward Sorin, CSC, William Corby, CSC, Alexis Granger, CSC, and Alexander Kirsch, CSC, concerning financial problems of the mission at Deadwood, South Dakota, and other problems of clergy in the Dakotas; pamphlets, clippings, and a photograph of Rosen (1894); a tour book he wrote, Hundert Tage In Europa (St. Louis: Druck der Amerika, 1895); and a broadside describing a religious conversion in South Dakota; with information on the...
Scope and Content Photocopy of treaty of 1821; typescript of notes taken from Engineering Field Surveys of 1828-1835 concerning St. Joseph Mission, Carey Mission, and Pokagon Village; a copy of the journal of proceedings at the signing of the Treaty of Fort Wayne, 1809; photocopies of nine letters of a missionary to Pokagon village, Brother Joseph, dated 1843-1848; photostat copies of the Muster Rolls of Potawatomi Indians, 1836-1837, copied from the National Archives; and two items of correspondence concerning...
Dates: 1809-1939 (bulk 1809-1848).
Scope and Content Two petitions involving Samuel Mazzuchelli. A positio (i.e., a volume containing documentation assembled to support his cause for canonization as a saint), "Samuel Mazzuchelli, O.P., Missionary to the United States: a documentary account of his life, virtues, and reputation for holiness." Also a copy of The Memoirs of Father Samuel Mazzuchelli, O.P. (Chicago: Priory Press, 1967) and a mimeographed index to the book prepared by...
- Letters. 2
- Antisemitism 1
- Arbre Croche (Mich.) -- Missions 1
- Broadsides (notices) 1
- Catechisms 1
- Catholic Church -- Missions -- United States 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Conversion -- Catholic Church 1
- Eulogies (documents) 1
- Indians of North America -- South Dakota 1
- Missions -- Indiana -- St. Joseph County 1
- Missions -- Michigan -- Niles 1
- Ojibwa Indians -- Catechisms 1
- Ottawa Indians -- Catechisms 1
- Potawatomi Indians 1
- Treaties -- History -- 19th century. 1 ∧ less
- German 2
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Ojibwa 1
- Slovenian 1 ∧ less
- Lefevre, Peter Paul, 1804-1869. 2
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Bishop Baraga Association. 1
- Cardinal, Edward V. (Edward Victor), 1897-1981. 1
- Cardinal, Edward V., (Edward Victor) 1897-1981. 1
- Carey Mission. 1
- Catholic Youth Organization of the Archdiocese of Chicago. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- Ellis John Tracy, 1905- 1
- Granger, Alexis, 1817-1893. 1
- Kirsch, Alexander Marion, 1855-1923. 1
- Marty, Martin, 1834-1896. 1
- Mazzuchelli, Samuel, 1806-1864. 1
- National Conference of Christians and Jews. 1
- Pierz, Francis X., 1785-1880. 1
- Pokagon Village (Bertrand, Mich.) 1
- Polk, James K. (James Knox), 1795-1849. 1
- Potawatomi Nation. 1
- Rosen, Peter, 1850-1906 1
- Rosen, Peter, 1850-1906. 1 ∧ less