Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Archdiocese of Detroit Collection
Scope and Content Correspondence of Rev. Gabriel Richard, co-founder and vice-president of the University of Michigan and U.S. Representative from Michigan; of Frederic Baraga, missionary to the Ottawa and Chippewa Indians of Michigan and later bishop of Marquette, Michigan; and of Bishops Frederic Résé, Peter Paul Lefevre, and Caspar Henry Borgess. Other correspondents include the missionary, Rev. Francis Xavier Pierz; the civic leader, Rev. Martin Kundig; Rev. Edward Sorin, founder of the University...
Archdiocese of Saint Louis Collection
Scope and Content Letters of the Vincentian John Timon to Joseph Rosati, 1822-1891, and letters, 1841-1842, from Pierre Jean De Smet, SJ, missionary to the Indians, to his religious superiors; pamphlets and papers concerning the St. Louis World Fair of 1904; clippings about Bishop Kenrick's Golden Jubilee, 1891; and photostats of transcripts of letters, mostly to Rosati, from Simon Bruté, Gabriel Richard, Stephen T. Badin, and others. On microfilm: nineteen reels of diocesan correspondence...
Diocese of Quebec Collection
Scope and Content Transcripts of 65 letters concerning the Catholic history of the state of Indiana from 1787-1837. Correspondents include Pope Benedict XIV, Cardinal Leonardo Antonelli, and Archbishop Joseph Signay; Bishops Jean-Oliver Briand, Simon Bruté, Edward Dominic Fenwick, Joseph Octave Plessis, and Joseph Rosati; and Charles Carroll, Jean Baptiste Louis Crévier, F.X. Dufaux, Pierre Gibault, Sebastian Meurin, Gabriel Richard, and John Tessier.
Mount St. Mary's College and Seminary Records
Scope and Content Chiefly correspondence. Correspondents include John Dubois, Simon Gabriel Bruté, Guy Ignatius Chabrat, SS, Henry Conwell, John Baptist David, SS, John England, Edward Dominic Fenwick, OP, Benedict Joseph Flaget, SS, John Joseph Hughes, Francis Patrick Kenrick, Gabriel Richard, and James Whitfield. Also correspondence from the Sulpician priests in the Kentucky missions, 1810-1834.
Venerable English College (Rome, Italy) Correspondence
Scope and Content Letters from members of the American Catholic hierarchy to the Rectors of the English College in Rome, who acted as their agents; letters from bishops Henry Conwell, Ambrose Marechal, James Whitfield, Samuel Eccleston, and Edward Fenwick, and from Father Gabriel Richard; letters to rectors Robert Gradwell and Nicholas Patrick Wiseman.
In English, Latin, French, and Italian.
In English, Latin, French, and Italian.
- Names: Richard, Gabriel, 1767-1832. X
- Letters. 3
- Account books 1
- Baptismal records. 1
- Catholic Church -- Bishops 1
- Catholic Church -- History -- Indiana 1
- Catholic Church -- United States -- History 1
- Catholic universities and colleges 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- Italy -- Rome 1
- Catholic universities and colleges -- United States 1
- Catholics -- Indiana -- History 1
- Diaries 1
- Huron Indians 1
- Indians -- Prayer books and devotions 1
- Missionaries -- Michigan -- History -- 19th century 1
- Ojibwa Indians 1
- Ottawa Indians 1
- Sulpicians -- United States -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- History. 1
- Universities and colleges -- Maryland. 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- French 1
- Latin 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 3
- Conwell, Henry, 1748-1842. 2
- Fenwick, Edward Dominic, 1768-1832. 2
- Rosati, Joseph, Bp., 1789-1843. 2
- Whitfield, James, 1770-1834. 2
- American Fur Company. 1
- Antonelli, Leonardo, 1730-1811. 1
- Badin, Stephen T. (Stephen Theodore), 1768-1853. 1
- Baraga, Frederic, 1797-1868. 1
- Benedict XIV, Pope, 1675-1758. 1
- Boheme, Ghislain J., 1803-1862. 1
- Borgess, Caspar Henry, 1826-1890. 1
- Briand, Jean Oliver, 1715-1794. 1
- Carroll, Charles, 1737-1832. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Detroit (Mich.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Saint Louis (Mo.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Saint Louis (Mo.). 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Quebec (Quebec). 1
- Chabrat, Guy Ignatius, 1787-1868. 1 ∧ less