Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Content Correspondence, photographs, published and unpublished writings by O'Malley, and material relating to his teaching activities, including student papers, class record books, and lectures. Correspondents include Willa Cather, Desmond Fitzgerald, Jacques Maritain, Edward Goerner, Edwin O'Connor, and Hannah Arendt.
Scope and Content Correspondence, reports, minutes, interviews, notebooks, clippings, contracts with publishers, and drafts of essays, speeches, and books; including letters from Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Jacques Maritain, Padraic Colum, Hilaire Belloc, Van Wyck Brooks, Francis J. Sheed, Saul Alinsky, Dietrich von Hildebrand, Heinrich Bruning, and Konrad Adenauer; with material pertaining to his visits to Germany in 1937- 1938, 1945,...
Scope and Content Notes taken during lectures by Dan Morris, Jacques Maritain, Etienne Gilson, and Gerald Bernard Phelan, 1934- 1939; a few letters received in 1948; and manuscripts of essays by Johnston.
Scope and Content An annotated typescript of a paper "On the Meaning of Contemporary Atheism" delivered at the University of Notre Dame, 23 March 1949; and a letter addressed to "Monsieur et cher confrere", 30 August 1927.
Scope and Content Correspondence with Elizabeth Brownson, Etienne Gilson, Theodore M. Hesburgh, CSC, Ann Harrigan Makletzoff, Jacques Maritain, Eugene McCarthy, John F. O'Hara, CSC, Josef Pieper, Paul Simon, and Yves Simon; manuscripts of several books including The Catholic Quaker Boy, Concerning Mary Ann, Irish Portraits and Other Poems, Working Together for Freedom, Ourselves, Inc., Holding up the Hills, and his autobiography; notebooks kept during the writing of several books on the history of cooperatives;...
Scope and Content Correspondence, photographs, slides, negatives, films, postcards, holy cards, financial records, articles, pamphlets, record albums, and lectures and editorials by Maurice Lavanoux. Correspondents include Jacques Maritain, Archbishop Robert Lucey, Monsignor Reynold Hillenbrand, Francis Cardinal Spellman, Bishop Edwin V. O'Hara, Marc Chagall, Eleanor Roosevelt, Ivan Mestrovic, Siegfried Guggenheim, Theodore Hesburgh, CSC, Francis W. Kervick, Monsignor John Tracy Ellis, Harvey Cox...
Scope and Content Papers of Rufus Rauch, consisting of manuscript material related to his interest in Dante, with special attention to art based on or illustrating Dante's works; other material useful for the study of The Divine Comedy gathered in preparation for a never published book, A Companion to Dante; typewritten manuscripts of his Bachelor's thesis on Newman (1924), his Master's thesis on Chesterton (1925), and articles or drafts on T.S. Eliot,...
Scope and Content Personal correspondence, 1864-1981, including letters of Brother Antoninus, OP, Hilaire Belloc, Joseph Breig, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, G.K. Chesterton, Dorothy Collins, Christopher Dawson, Etienne Gilson, Lucile Hasley, Caryll Houselander, Monsignor Ronald Knox, C. Day Lewis, D.B. Wyndham Lewis, Robert Lowell, Clare Boothe Luce, Henry Luce, Arnold Lunn, Sister Madeleva, CSC, Jacques Maritain, Bruce Marshall, C.C. Martindale, SJ, Marshall McLuhan, Vincent McNabb, OP, Thomas Merton, Alfred...
- Art and religion 1
- Atheism 1
- Catholic Church -- Publishing 1
- Catholic Church and art -- United States 1
- Catholic authors 1
- Catholic literature 1
- Christian art and symbolism 1
- Christianity -- Philosophy 1
- College presidents 1
- Cooperation -- United States 1
- Cooperative societies -- United States 1
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321. Divina commedia--Illustrations. 1
- Hylomorphism 1
- Lecture notes. 1
- Letters 1
- Letters. 1
- Liturgy and art -- United States 1
- Philosophy of nature 1
- Publishers and publishing 1
- Religion and literature 1 ∧ less
- Gilson, Etienne, 1884-1978. 3
- Belloc, Hilaire, 1870-1953. 2
- Chesterton, G. K. (Gilbert Keith), 1874-1936. 2
- Hesburgh, Theodore Martin, 1917- 2
- Newman, John Henry, 1801-1890. 2
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962. 2
- Sheed, F. J. (Francis Joseph), 1897- 2
- Adenauer, Konrad, 1876-1967. 1
- Alinsky, Saul David, 1909-1972. 1
- Arendt, Hannah. 1
- Beerbohm, Max, Sir, 1872-1956. 1
- Briar Cliff College. 1
- Brieg, Joseph A., 1905- 1
- Broadcasting Foundation of America. 1
- Brooks, Van Wyck, 1886-1963. 1
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861. 1
- Browning, Robert Wiedemann Barrett, 1849- 1
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889. 1
- Brownson, Elizabeth. 1 ∧ less