Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Content Correspondence (1873-1933) with contributors of articles or poetry including Eliza Allen Starr, Charles Warren Stoddard, Maurice Francis Egan, Christian Reid (Frances Tiernan), and many others both in this country and in England; letters from Archbishop Patrick William Riordan, and Bishops Bernard McQuaid, John Lancaster Spalding, and Camillus Paul Maes; a manuscript by Eliza Allen Starr, Woman in Art; part of Bishop Sylvester Rosecrans' autobiographical account of his conversion; photographs,...
Scope and Content Correspondence of Bishop Maes; the manuscript of his History of the Catholic Church in Monroe City and County, Michigan ; minutes of the second preparatory meeting for the Eucharistic convention, 2 June 1894; and other correspondence, papers, and pamphlets relating to Catholic affairs in the diocese, 1858-1922.
Scope and Content Correspondence of bishops of Vincennes (1796-1897), including Simon Gabriel Bruté (1835-1839) and Celestine de la Hailandiere (1810-1875); sermons of Hailandiere (1826- 1836); historical notes by Hailandiere; papers from Hailandiere's seminary days at St. Germain, Rennes, France; journal of Jean F. Rivet (1799-1803), papers of Pierre Gibault, and an article on Anthony Fourcher, all early missionary priests; and 19th- and 20th-century printed material and transcriptions of correspondence. ...
Dates: ca. 1750-1940 (bulk 1796-1897).
Scope and Content Letters and other material relating to the Eucharistic Convention held at the University of Notre Dame, August 7th and 8th, 1894. Correspondents include Rev. William Corby, C.S.C. (1833-1897), President of the University of Notre Dame. Also other letters from bishops and priests in reply to invitations to the Eucharistic Conventions at the University of Notre Dame (1894, 1897) and the first National Eucharistic Congress in Washington, DC (1895); addressed to Bishop Camillus Maes, president of...
- Names: Maes, Camillus Paul, 1846-1915. X
- Catholic Church -- Bishops -- Correspondence 3
- Eucharistic congresses 2
- Letters. 2
- Anti-Catholicism 1
- Catholic Church -- Periodicals 1
- Indiana -- Church history 1
- Protestants -- United States 1
- Sermons. 1
- United States -- Church history -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- American Tract Society. 1
- Brossart, Ferdinand, 1849-1930. 1
- Bruté, Simon, 1779-1839. 1
- Carrell, George A. (George Aloysius), 1803-1868. 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Indianapolis (Ind.) -- Trustees. 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Covington (Ky.) 1
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Vincennes (Ind.) 1
- Chartard, Francis Silas, 1834-1918. 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 1
- De la Hailandiere, Celestine 1798-1882. 1
- Egan, Maurice Francis, 1852-1924. 1
- Flaget, Benedict Joseph, 1763-1850. 1
- Fourcher, Anthony 1741- 1
- Gibault, Pierre, 1737-1804. 1
- Hogan, William, 1790-1848. 1
- Hudson, Daniel E. (Daniel Eldred), 1849-1926. 1
- Kenrick, Peter Richard, 1806-1896. 1
- Maler, Bede. 1 ∧ less