Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Content Correspondence of Holy Cross fathers Peter P. Cooney, William Corby, James M. Dillon, Gilbert Francais, Julius A. Freré, and Basil Anthony Moreau; last wills (1844- 1861), manuscripts of poems, sermons, and speeches, instructions from superiors, military service records, notebooks, and other papers of many Holy Cross priests at Notre Dame.
Scope and Content Minutes, 1897-1915; correspondence, 1897-1931; clippings, 1897-1915; and a medal and certificate from a GAR reunion held in 1900; with material on Peter Paul Cooney, William Corby, and James A. McLain.
Dates: 1897-1931, bulk 1897-1915.
Scope and Content Correspondence, 1855-1904; Cooney's sermons and speeches; his Civil War diary, 1864-1865; manuscripts of his works, 1861-1890; a notebook describing his tour of the United States to collect material on the role of Catholic chaplains and nuns in the Civil War, 1890; clippings he collected on the Civil War, Ireland, and temperance; and printed matter including Child's Recollection of General Grant (1885) and a map of the Chickamauga battle field, 1886. Records of the American...
- Names: Cooney, Peter Paul, 1822-1905. X
- Letters. 2
- Chaplains, Military 1
- Chaplains, Military -- Catholic Church 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Diaries 1
- Genealogies. 1
- Notebooks. 1
- Poems. 1
- Sermons. 1
- Temperance. 1
- University of Notre Dame -- History. 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Latin 1
- Corby, William, 1833-1897. 2
- Congregation of Holy Cross. 1
- Dillon, James M., 1833-1869. 1
- Francais, Gilbert, 1849-1929. 1
- Freré, Julius A., 1820-1892. 1